Get Rid of AFK Macro Players - Reset Servers!

Been in queue for hours with the number barely moving…

There are players running keypress macros in order to stay logged in without the normal kick due to inactivity.

Reset the servers every 3 hours or so. People are logging in before work. Going into an inn or house, then step-forward-back-forward (repeat) for 8 hours while they’re not playing the game to save their spot.

Thanks! Any other suggestions to fix this?

o7

~War~

23 Likes

I like this suggestion! Would free up slots for those who want to play instead of just saving it while afk somewhere.

1 Like

Some people are smart and think outside of the box like myself.

1 Like

you are just salty AF - if you want to stay online do it yourself or log on another server/at another time

1 Like

What’s really sad is that people should really…“play” the game. If not, log out and give up the slot to someone who needs it. Instead, we look at 900 queue (or much more) line moving like molasses because no one wants to log out.

If they had scheduled server resets regularly, then that would let active players actually play the game, instead of having afk people merely holding the slot for hours. :worried:

5 Likes

Don’t forget about people who place objects on their keyboards

1 Like

:grimacing: Oh big yikes.

Anyway to the topic, my suggestion is this:

• A non-invasive “Still playing?” dialogue box that can’t be macro’d or botted though to ensure active play would go a long way.

• Something that would only be triggered within the parameters of a player either undertaking the same single action (running against a wall) or sequence of actions within a lengthy set period of time, because there will always be an identifiable pattern.

• Active players wouldn’t even encounter the box once in their entire game life. Only those remaining in game using either macros, or “object on keyboard”, etc would.

EDIT: Now featuring dot-points.

8 Likes

thats cool idea

I like it! I know people were chatting in one of the streamer channels that “Once I get in, I’m never going to log out!” . They just set up a macro when they sleep, go to work, or whatever. So for 8 hours, they have a macro loop that moves around, draws a weapon…whatever, just to stay on the server. Which of course, keeps people who would be actively playing and involved from moving in line towards getting into the game.

Pop-up button would be awesome. Server resets. /report function to forward to a GM so they can investigate and boot. ANYTHING would be better than what’s been happening since launch.

Thanks!

o7

~War~

3 Likes

Cheers! I’ve (just now) made a seperate thread in feedback regarding this specific idea, hopefully it’s noticed by the right people.

1 Like

This is a nice idea, but… in my opinion I think they would prefer people move to lower pop servers, they did make them to help with the queue problem. Plus we got free server transfers coming, so it’s done they worked the problem. I just checked both US west and east and there are a bunch of servers with no queue during peak hours.

1 Like

Keep in mind that my idea would also be useful to prevent macroing in the future in a more general sense, so the applications don’t only pertain to the server login issues that players currently face.

That’s why I said nice idea, but… as this thread has to do with holding up the queue the problem has been worked and solved. The problem now is getting those stubborn gamers to transfer off those popular servers. I bet many don’t think they should have to. So we will probably see queue times even after the transfer is available.

Yo Please get rid of the 100s of AFK wall riding andys

5 Likes

Just do what other MMO’s do and ban players who abuse anti-afk macro scripts / macros / software / whatever.

3 Likes

I can’t agree with this more - I mean with 2000 people cap, seeing literal hundreds of people macroing through their AFK physically hurts. I mean we have a 2796 people in queue and people just run into a wall for nothing - like seriously? If you have to restart servers for that please do, but do something!

5 Likes

When server transfers hit, it should solve the problem. Restarting the server every three hours will cause a flood of people leaving.

what if a war was going on? what if your playing and the restart happens and then you are in a queue.

The idea is heavily flawed.

1 Like

This could be the best suggestion that I’ve read in this forum so far. They may consider it until they have stable and high-cap servers.

#letssharethis

People in war? I believe those restarts won’t be applied randomly. They may put a restart schedule so everyone would be aware of it while they are playing. Do you think it will cause a flood of people to leave? Dude, people already started to leave due to queue and character stuck issues.

1 Like

Just need to boot players who’s coordinates dont change by a certain amount after a 30 minute period

5 Likes