Global Chat not working after trying all possible fix's!

Good evening all. I have been having issues with global chat today. I have never experienced this before! I bought the game for two of my sons and had them log in today so we could all play fresh…however when I finally made it to the beach ( after the introduction) I typed out my typical message to the community " GOOD MORNING VALHALLA! Don’t forget to claim your two free goodies from the store today…etc etc:". You all get the point. After hitting enter…NOTHING! Typed the same message out again…NOTHING. Typed out the message to my sons…NADA!
All that being said…anyone else getting this type of error in game? I’ve logged around 700+ hours and this is the first time something like this has happened. I have spent the last hour going over some older reports of a bug like this effecting some folks after logging out OPR, but not too many on just logging into the game and no ability to type in chat!
I have also looked into my email as to make sure I did not receive a ban on chat. I have not! I try to stay very positive for my community and those around me.
Any help on this would be appreciated. I have also logged out and restarted, verified integrity of files, powered off and cold started my PC, logged into a second toon, and finally erased my character and created a new one all to no avail!
Thank you for your time :slight_smile:
Michael Paul

Hello there @UnXensored welcome to the New World forum!

I’m sorry to hear about the inconveniences with the chat in New World! I understand from your post that you are using a new character is that right? By any chance did you used Family Sharing from Steam before? I’m asking this because almost 2 months ago on patch 1.0.5, we made a change in order to combat RMT bots accounts, players under lvl 10 or whose account is less than 72 hours old are unable to use global chat or trade with other players.

For the time being please I’d advice to try to level normally or wait 72h, I’m sorry for the inconveniences this may cause, I hope you an your sons enjoy New World!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.