Global Cross-Region Gameplay Progression / Character Transfers / Server Switching

I know one friend has already requested a game refund because they wanted to play with a few friends from Europe & America but they’re all on different servers so he can’t really do it.

1 Like

yeah said thing is they will never allow swapping its pretty much a design choice

1 Like

They have the functionality / are working on the functionally but in their news post they put “at no cost” which makes it seem like they want to add this as a paid feature.

A fee for transfering your account to a new server in the future which I don’t think is right considering the price of the game (Deluxe)

3 Likes

yeah it should be free, there should be restrictions but not making it paid considering the community is split in different servers

1 Like

Yep, agreed. That’s why I gave two different options of managing transfers, to try and prevent it from being abused.

Of course there are probably some other things here that I’ve not thought about that would also need some restrictions.

1 Like

Having a phased open world is part of why WoW doesn’t feel like an MMO anymore and just a theme-park that just happen to have other random people around you. Characters locked to their servers strengthens the sense of community in the game because you will see the same players around instead of just random players all the time. It could be cool if you could visit other servers but this should have a limiting factor like a gold price or some kind of resource you have to craft IMO. I really don’t think this is an oversight, but rather a way to make the game feel like a living, breathing world / sandbox.

1 Like

Hello eveyone. I hope support team will read this message.

My cousin started playing New World 4 days ago. I created my character in his server. His char is 30 level and mine is 22 level. We don’t want to start over. My boyfriend tried to create a character in our server too but he failed. He said that he saw a warning message; ‘Character Creation temporarily disabled on this server to prevent overpopulation.’ If we had known this would happen, we wouldn’t have started in Thule server. How are we going to play together? Like I said before, I don’t want to start over.

A great example of an issue that can happen, there was a guy in the server I am in talking in chat about he wants to switch server to play with his friend.

He didn’t realise his friend was playing, they’re both 30+ and obviously don’t want to switch…

1 Like

+1

The " Europe to US East any time you want" is coming according to twitter. But let’s see how amazon handles this. I would even give them my money to transfer from US east to EU… lol.

2 Likes

They cant handle “PING” issue. So I dont think this will work.

1 Like

Thanks for the post! I sure hope they come out with a cross continental server transfer/character transfer! Personally I wouldn’t even mind paying a small fee to transfer my character to the server/region I actually want to play on. My character is on a US East server, but I wanted it to be on an EU server, but it wouldn’t allow me choose it until recently. My character is level 54 and I don’t see the point of continuing to play if all my friends are on an EU server and the only way is to restart from scratch after putting in all this time! New World is a great game, and I really enjoy playing it! But this needs to be addressed ASAP! Adding a cross region character change would make so many members of the community happy and help the game continue to grow!

1 Like

This is just unacceptable. We both know that there is always a way to transfer between regions, even if the transfer takes an hour to transfer it’s better than not giving us this functionality.

The world is a LOT more connected in todays games than it was years ago, many of us have friends in the other sides of the world and we want to play together.

You also have to remember that people travel, some even move country… what happens to player X who created their character in Europe, moved to America to live and now has to play on EU servers with high ping/latency because the game doesn’t have the ability to transfer characters…

This sort of functionality needs to be implemented, also users shouldn’t have to pay to transfer servers more than the one free token just to have fun. There are better ways of preventing users from transfering all the time, like in my options I used taxes as a means to “punish” temporary transfers.

You’re just asking to lose a crap ton of players by these sorts of restrictions…

2 Likes

And that’s it, i am not playing any more of this… Wasted my time. After looking on reddit it seems like it was confirmed that you would be able to, now they are backtracking. It is unacceptable. My main, i have been playing for over 90 hours on… waiting for the region swap, but now it’s only world swap. They should have informed us about the limitations of this.

1 Like

Thank you for your support and replies. I hope everyone can meet with their friend.

I’m sorry for you. You are right. I hope they can fix your problem.

1 Like

Unlikely because Amazon clearly doesn’t care, also it’s likely to be too late because people are quitting everywhere. I know at least 10 of the 20 people who I play games with and were playing New World have quit because of bugs, no endgame content and just bad decisions by AGS.

The server I play on lost so many players, I knew loads of Americans that were playing on the EU server that I am on and because of the bugs & inability to switch server they’ve all quit the game because they don’t want to level a brand new character up.

Yes, games like Overwatch allow your progress to be carried over different servers, no reason why New World can’t have this too.

It is annoying that I cannot easily play with my friends from EU, NA or Australia and have to pick one.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.