Gold Duplication from Character_Persist_Failure post 2

Servers need to be taken down asap! Anyone with Character_Persist_Failure can send gold via “Send Gold” from inventory to someone without the persist error, and exit the game. Upon reloading into the game, the gold will return to the previous amount before sending, but the recipient will retain the gold sent to them!!! I accidentally posted a copy of this in the wrong forum. Please fix this now!

45 Likes

@Tosch bing bing emergency

4 Likes

Posting this on the general forums is a bad idea, as you are now advertising the issue to everyone. I have already contacted the devs about this hours ago, will see what happens.

11 Likes

My character name is Roycross on server Loloi US East. I was trying to send gold to a company member so they could deposit it since my account kept rolling back. I was kicked from the game and upon reloading, I still had the gold and so did the recipient.

1 Like

And nothing happened for hours

1 Like

There needs to be a mass roll back regardless of anyone taking advantage of this right now. I was just told there are tons of people logging in and out of popular towns on their servers, possibly already doing this.

6 Likes

Shut down and fix it

6 Likes

Pls shutdown the servers immediately.

There needs to be a punishment for those people or a rollback for everyone.

Surely there are accounts that have generated thousands of coins with it by now!

@Tosch

8 Likes

Sounds like a game killing big bug to me… lets hope they do something asap

4 Likes

I’m sure hundreds of thousands. Imagine those large companies who have transferred with the taxes they made from towns.

3 Likes

aggread (up)

1 Like

@Tosch this needs to be addressed asap.

Push! Come on, I dont want a roll back!

1 Like

Thanks for the reports, this has been forwarded to the dev-team for investigation.

PS: Note, that anyone who is exchanging gold/items like this, appropriate action will be taken as it is an exploit.

28 Likes

I think it’s already too late for that. We might need a roll back asap. It’s not a minor bug, it’s nearly a gamebreaking one :smiley:

8 Likes

Agreed on this. Imagine the millions people have duplicated, and the void ores.

2 Likes

Oh boy you need to see the bigger picture here. Gold Seller will abuse this until the fix/ban as long as the coins are somewhere safe they dont care about the punishment. We need a rollback with bans for the acc abusing it to make any impact on them.

5 Likes

You couldn’t fix it for 6 hours. Imagine buying something from Amazon and your cargo is arrived in 6 hours. Maybe Shipment Department must start to work on this game? We didn’t pay to watch this game, we paid for playing.

1 Like

Jesus, stop posting this kind of exploits/bugs on forums, you’re just making it worse. Fuck logic.
Edit the original post or something until thousands more exploit this.

4 Likes

The thread is literally called “Bugs and Exploits” or sorry, I mean next time I’ll write Mr. Bezos a personal letter or just don’t address it lul

11 Likes