Gold Duplication from Character_Persist_Failure post 2

There are other ways to report it, what would you rather do, report it here or directly and privately to devs. Really?

Ohh thats how people get 500k in very short time then? ;D

we already saw how slow the devs are so do you want to make it private and hope they will do something or push them to do something by making it public? :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s not our business. If such a bug is reported and public it is the task of the devs / mods to take further steps. They know that the bug is public in the forum and if they didn’t want that, the servers would already be offline or the post would be deleted. ^^

3 Likes

I dont think posting it here will push them anyhow. If they’re slow they’re slow, this way just more people will see and use it. This wouldnt matter if they do a rollback but god knows if they will lol

I think @Finalwynn is right. It’s a problem which bothers the whole playerbase private reported or not. The exploit is used already by too much people to get it out of the game with just a few bans, etc…

I just say it since i know it from Blizzard they also had information about ppl privatly but did nothing but the moment ppl start saying we will post it public and tell them you did know about this is when they start doing stuff so sadly for alot of companies posting stuff public is how you make them work faster on a problem since lets be honest the bug was abused by ppl posting in on discords where more ppl actually will read it.

4 Likes

Not sure how this is going to be handled, are there ways for them to find out who did it and who didnt?

If they have a good protocol system yes they can. But they need to take down the AH and any other means of Gold trasfer until they find a way to fix it.

Maybe, but I don’t know how the recieving end is handled. Give some players you don’t like a few thousand gold and they are abusers too? :smiley:

1 Like

Also, you have to remember that with a huge company like Amazon, there probably won’t be just 3 people working on this game. So I think they work already on a solution and maybe for this solution it isnt absolutely necessary to take active steps against exploitation.

Maybe they want to fix the bug and after this the damage.

The people working on the game can certainly think for themselves to the extent that this bug is very problematic.

So just wait and see.

They probably have ways to track it, but it doesn’t correct the current problem. This has likely been going on for hours. Gold sellers are going to eat this up and be even worse than before. A rollback is the only option I can see.

1 Like

This is worse than invincibility bug since regions will come and go, but this affects economy and needs a fix, and then repairing the damage caused by all means necessary.

1 Like

I just hope it’s more important to them than the invincibility bug that was abused until the maintenance.

1 Like

Dear developers can we get a response? While you wait ppl are gathering millions, maximizing their skills and absuing this glitch.

Game for normal ppl like myself is ruined. Only viable option is to roll back the servers before the patch…

Or better yet would be nice if you could reset the char to lvl 1 of all glitch users.

1 Like

Did they already close the servers to stop the GOLD DUPE ??? if not please wake up ASAP and get to work ty. Servers are ruined while you say you forward the message to a different team.

1 Like

this error is getting really annoying. i basically cant play. all things i do get reverted…

This bug destroys the whole economy on the server.

it is possible for Players to generate coins and use them to empty the auction house to maximise their skills, fill their warehouses with all kinds of materials or influence prices and who knows what else.

So it’s not enough to just ban players afterwards. Solutions I can think of are just all servers after that either rollback or set the inventories / money to 0
or an equal amount.

Even if the players who use it are banned, the impact of the money these players currently use in the AH and everywhere else is so strong that the whole server can be toppled by it.

I really don’t know how you’re going to get a handle on this after it’s been going on for so many hours. ^^

2 Likes

They need to STOP SERVERS NOW AND ROLLBACK. In few hours its already too late if nothing is done. There is an easy way to DUPE gold as your account gets reverted back to the “fresh transfered” state after this error and relogging.

2 Likes

@Tosch any news on this topic? This might break the economy so hard that a rollback is inevitable.

2 Likes