Great Sword burst dmg

the wep prob good on heavy armor user.
the block ability is a thing in point fight.
the explotion is like a GW, 4 m aoe and you will be knocked down but wont see the effect visual effect.
all other ability are clukcy acutally.
crosscut too slow , and have weird hit box/movement ,thx god they can dodge cancel it.
rush sometimes will just pass ppl and wont hit.
sky hit only stagger on 1st hit, 2nd hit usually will be dodged
roaring is like much weak version of shockwave/GW/cyclone
steadfest is like weak version of reap.
i dont really like the wep at the moment.

Very good comment. I’m not familiar with ESO but ya it does seem like this is par for the course with devs releasing op weapons. I have gone way out of my way to not use meta, good builds but not meta. Getting kills with a blatantly overpowered or bugged build / weapon does not give me any satisfaction. I want to finesse people to death not get cheap kills. I hope they just make the GrS at least somewhat balanced, I don’t feel like going through another couple months being extremely annoyed (although tbf I don’t remember a time when I wasn’t annoyed with something pvping, maybe back during the bruiser cc meta after acquiring 5 pieces with freedom. Currently, imo the range meta has gone a little too far.

*Oh and sorry I replied so late, I forgot I made this post lol.

I did an OPR with my build (heavy point VG IG 300 con full resil) just to see what it would be like going against them. I was getting chunked hard, dying in seconds made me re-think if ref ward was a good idea, granted it was from gamers between 5-50 con so not terribly hard to kill but that kind of burst dmg is going to piss people off. I just hope it comes out somewhat balanced.

in clumps the clunkiness and slow attacks will not matter much. I think the clunkiness mostly just takes getting used to like any other weapon. I can just forsee a weapon combination / ability combination involving cc’s that will suck horribly for anyone going against it.

Fair enough.

The opr doesn’t seem to pop on the eu ptr so i dont have much pvp feedback. Sadge.

When i read “burst” i assumed BB type output.

But i think maybe its the CDR built into the kit that gives it a high rate of attack feel.

Ill have to wait till it goes live to feel it properly.

I’ll be sure the team is aware but as a reminder, it is still in the test phase and prone to adjustments. This kind of feedback is helpful!

Won’t*

All the problems we see in PvP are a direct result of AGS moving towards a more WoW-like direction while putting everything PvP-related in the back burner.

The sheer fact that their excuse for no PvP-servers is because “It would split development” is a clear indicator that development is not being done with high quality PvP in mind.

A quick look at the general trend of PvP-related decisions over the last 24 months backs this up.

The free class system isn’t the problem. This game was literally built for it. It’s the current all-in direction towards being a mainstream MMO that’s caused the vast majority of problems this game has seen.

It’s not that they can’t do anything. They just simply won’t.

1 Like

And yet 70% of war rosters are ga/wh…
Hello??

it doesn’t seem op to me. especially in the new zone. it feels very balanced in great sands. if it does have a lot of burst dmg in opr thats good melee NEEDS some way to balance against the healer dex meta

it doesn’t need a nerf. if anything needs nerf its musket and bow. there has to be some tool in the bag as as counter to those things if this is doing it then it’s something that we need.

my experience in brimstone is it’s balanced. brimstone is hard. please don’t base balance on pvp which barely anyone plays vs pve.

Peoples still getting 1 shot from bows, even in full heavy builds with 10k hp, so yeah pvp is very skill base here… NOT.

No bow can 1 shot me in light. I actually doubt any bow can 1 shot any decent player.

Also why u are having only 10k hp on heavy? Are u trying DPS heavy or what?

Skilled game or not, u are doing it very wrong overall in this game.

1 Like

Lol why you think is about me where i said that, peeps complain everyday in global & army chat about how OP bows are no matter what you wearing, report X & Y, is cheating and so on, and if some do it indeed wrong is maybe bcs game is wrong on many aspects that r getting exploited. Myself im not a really pvp junkie, but can confirm that whatever setup gear you are using some weapons combined with the rest of the gear elements are way to good than it should be.

Miedo me da los nuevos paladines, con ligera báculo de vida y gran espada, ya me diras como los matas, y encima tendran mucho daño. AGS nerfea la armadura ligera ya.

They copied not just the skills from RIOT!, but also their strategy of releasing OP champions and then nerfing them to oblivion lol

1 Like

Nadie te va a contestar si escribes en español en foros en inglés. Usa Google Translate para convertir español a inglés si quieres que te escuchen.

Reading through the forums… isn’t every weapon, piece of armor, perk, skill, etc OP?

I mean…

Unless you learn to play and “get good”, that is.

Only asking due to so many people nonstop whining about said items 24/7/365.

By far the most whining community I’ve ever seen in all games I’ve ever played.

Whatever Amazon would do they would complain. Make things easy then complain for having nothing to do. Make things hard then complain for not having enough time to reach end game content in first day(s).
Many ppl who get killed 3-10 times in OPR comes and create threads weapon X, Y, Z is OP pls nerf.
Tanks tanking and asking to nerf Tanks.
Healers healing and asking to nerf Healers, even if they are harmless in dmg.
They try 5-10 crafts and cry about roll.
Complain about big company earning gold from Everfall and Windsward while they are paying house taxes and placing their buy/sell orders in those cities …

List is to long to continue.

4 Likes

To bad players, yes.

Unfortunately, New World isn’t built to have a competitive scene. Other games that are more focused on small scale skill-based combat have top talent that can scrutinize and evaluate power.

Hard to do that when half the player base is struggling to with gear.

Have to get geared before getting good is an option.

2 Likes

ya they were