Griefing: Call to action

Griefing in a lot of MMOs comes in the form of killing players who can’t fight back. Like people that are clearly >30 levels lower than you and it’s not even a fight anymore.

You see Amazon decided, in their wisdom, that PvP prowess should be based on how much time you spent skinning boars or chopping down trees or doing meaningless quests. Instead of based on your skill. No one wants to get steam rolled by someone and feel like they didn’t have a chance, what a surprise.

It is griefing when you kill players who physically cannot defeat you because of Amazon’s poor design choices. Doing so has a negative impact on the game. It makes people not want to play.

It’s not your fault though. It’s Amazon’s. So get out there and grief. The more you do, the faster we can call this game dead.

4 Likes

No one can kill you if you don’t flag for PVP.

33 Likes

People are flagging for the experience and luck bonuses. Which are especially helpful at lower levels.

Also, many people flag because they want to PvP. But the game effectively tells them: you can’t do that until you are a higher left or you will be ganked.

1 Like

Well it wouldn’t be much of a bonus if it did not come with risk. What a weird post you’ve created.

21 Likes

Thats not a reason to call it griefing. If you flag you are consenting to PVP. If you don’t want to get killed then don’t flag. Its that simple.

16 Likes

many people flag because they want to PvP. But the game effectively tells them: you can’t do that until you are a higher level or you will be ganked. Again, in Amazon’s wisdom.

If you flag you are consenting to fair and fun PvP. I don’t think anyone will consent to being ganked.

2 Likes

Counterpoint: You are incorrect.

8 Likes

PvP is not grief

5 Likes

Fair PvP is not grief, I agree.

2 Likes

There is no such thing as fair PVP in open world PVP. You, yourself consented to being ganked by turning your flag on. It doesn’t matter if its one person or 100 people. It doesn’t matter if its a level 2 or a level 60. Open world PVP is just that… open world PVP.

Don’t turn your flag on and expect to get left alone just because you want some luck bonus. Keep your flag off and put on some luck gear if that is all you are after.

21 Likes

Me? I don’t even care about luck bonuses or extra experience. I flag because I want to have fun PvPing with other players.

It’s not fun to get dunked on by someone who out levels and out gears you to the extent that you are basically a turkey.

This isn’t really an argument.

1 Like

Funny because you said this “People are flagging for the experience and luck bonuses. Which are especially helpful at lower levels.”

Im sure its not fun to get dunked on by someone who out levels and to gears you. That doesn’t mean it’s griefing so its you that has a poor argument not me.

Also, I have killed people above my level when I was leveling. So maybe the reasons are not just gear and level.

3 Likes

Yes I said people. Other people than me. They should at least be able to fight back or they will just turn their flag right off and never turn it back on. You… you do want more people to PvP, right?

Or do you just want turkeys to gank?

2 Likes

People are not going to fight back that are in harvesting gear and also using the PVP flag for luck bonus. Those people don’t even want to fight.

As for your situation… there is scaling. It may not be the best but its not impossible to kill players higher level than you. I’ve done it so I know its not impossible.

Its also not griefing.

As for your last comment… I don’t gank anyone. Most of my time is spent solo with my flag off. I turn my flag on when I want to run some PVP missions and that’s about it.

1 Like

That’s exactly the problem I’m outlining. Your ability to PvP should not be linked to your level or gear. It shouldn’t matter what you are wearing, only your technical skill with your weapon.

IMO, if there are tools to stop somebody from doing something, and you have access to those tools, yet still make the decision to leave yourself open to it, then it’s not griefing.

1 Like

So in short Open PvP makes no sense because you can’t beat weaker levels. And 2v1 fight is not fair either. Mass fights also have disproportions. Open combat is such an adventure which has various dangers.

1 Like

It absolutely should matter what you are wearing. People trying to double dip the luck system is the problem not the other way around.

2 Likes

And you effectively prevent new players from participating in PvP. Great design :+1:t2: Amazon should hire you