GS Stances not working / infinitely stuck

• What is your character name in New World: Phril
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Crassus
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:

Great sowrd stances are not working. They are not changing if i use a skill or use the passive from the tree wich should change my stances like blocking 2 seconds or doing a heavy attack. Some times ill be stuck in one stance until i relogg. Stances staying even if i switch weapons. Stances last infinite and nut only 10 seconds. Stances some times are shown on how my char is holding the weapon but i have actually no effect from the stance.

Should there be a buff for the stances on my char? If so there is none.

• (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: Cant play with this weapon predicted
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No its with all Great swords
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: fight with a great sword
  • When did this happen? All the time

Something to add:

Also the initial hit registration or every hit registration on this weapon lacks behind so i hit an enemy and the damage is like 1 second behind and the effect. The first hit some times misses completely even if on the screen the enemy is more than cut in half.

This happens only with the GS. All other weapons are working perfectly fine and responsive so its not because of lag or something.

That’s really strange, sevrecords. I’ll get this over to the development team.

Thanks for this info as well.

@Centeotl I recorded some footage of that behavior.

As you can see here im staying way longer than 10 second in offence stance and on many mobs the GS heavy hits are delayed.
Also in some Cases the first hit wont even connect at all. Also at the end ill show my skill tree from GS where you can see that i dont have skilled the passive that puts me into offencife stance after doing a heavy hit.

Thanks a bunch for the video, that’s very odd.

@Centeotl
Ok after playing a while with this bug i noticed something.

It seems like that the weapon is in an visual bugged state. BUT the swingtime while offencive stance is reduces. Even if the 10 seconds are run out. This results in the desync of the hit registration because the real swing would take like half e second longer to charge. Thats also why the first hit misses evey time im in an run our offensive stance wich the annimation is still stuck on my char.

I also noticed this if i use a offensive skill and get into offensive stance and right after use defensive skill to switch stance. The stance annimation is still stuck in offensice but the perks of defensive count. Wich results in hit desync and non registered hits. So thats what i think its going on.

Ill playing GS alot so ill keep you updated if something stands out for me. But i guess thats the closest i can get to an explanation with my knowladge at this point :slight_smile:

Sorry something to add:

you can reproduce this a 100% by doing the following:
Dont have the points set in blocking or heavy hitting switches stance
Use the first offensive abillity the tripple slash.
After that use the shield counter abillity.
that do heavy sword hits.

What normally should happen is that you heavy hits gets this blue shield.
What in realy happens is you have the short swing time from the offensive stance BUT you are in defence stance wich is not shown correctly and the hits desync.

Sooooo

I talked with a friend and he showed me his gameplay… he has nothing of the problems stated out here… I also logged to my other char and tested everything and it was working fine … uhm yaa

I also noticed that no weapon on my char Phril is working as intended, the hatched dont grant me any buffs when i use berserk and so on. I’m currently reinstalling my game and hope that this will fiy the problem.

It did not work :frowning:

I have exactly the same problem sevrecords is describing. First hit from the greatsword doesn’t register, stuck on onslaught stance, when I use a skill I never get the buff and the charged attacks from the greatsword deal damage (if they deal damage at all) with like 1 second delay from the actual hit.

Character Name: Eliza Brimstone
Server: Cleopatra

I Solved the issue

go to your windows time settings and hit synchronize…
This fixed all problems stated out here.

2 Likes

I can confirm that this has fixed the problem for me aswell. Thanks man.

1 Like