Gypsum event for returning players

I mean we know the game sold well over 1 million - that’s a lot of potential returnable players - best to make it as friendly as possible.

3 Likes

You dont have your own mutated orbs? You could just advertise your low M in recruitment for no fee and it will get full in no time.

As a returning player I spent the past month grinding GS to 600 and a few skills so I could at least make t4 consumables. My gear is so-so because I don’t have the gold to buy great pieces for a minimum of 50k each.

The idea of spending another month grinding dungeons for gold and umbral shards just to begin to catch up just makes me want to quit. Ain’t no one running anything except m10. Thinking of grinding to have multiple sets of gear for everything… ugh.

It’s not HARD. It’s BORING logging on to do the same thing every day.

2 Likes

Exactly. There are really only 2 way to get to 625…Run endless high mutated dungeons which is boring AF or buy shards. Any other source of shards is peanuts in comparison.

1 Like

You dont really start getting shards till m7+ anything else is like a waste of time

1 Like

Are you suggesting that there were not enough issues at launch for customers to set this game aside?

Players are none of those things you listed when they find a game in the shape NW was at launch.

Some even said they would return when they were able to receive the product they were promised. That’s not being lazy, whiny, crying quitters.

When you send a meal back at a restaurant you are not being a lazy, whiny, crying, quitter. You are simply insisting that you receive the product you were promised.

2 Likes

the players coming back? what players? everybody is leaving over all the desync and bugs. what was 20k players at peak last week is now 15k players at peak. nobody is coming back. arenas with no leaderboards are pointless. this game will shut down before years end. All these bugs have been in the game for months and they havent done anything to prevent them. They say they work on “bugs and fixes” all the time but thats false. It took them almost three weeks to fix grav well hitting 3 times. They wont be able to fix all the desync unless they switch from the awful lumberland engine to unreal engine. Ive played this game for almost 1300 hours. Quit two week ago. Only a matter of time before this dog gets taken behind the shed and buried

People will be back for arenas

@Coolhwhip

Um, true, few people will be back for arena. But who is going to stay, once they figure out they are hundreds, if not thousands of hours PvE grinding behind. From having the gear needed to be a contender.

Afterall if the implementation of the expertise and mutation. Or the game being super friendly to cheaters and exploiters. Was the cause of them leaving. I just don’t see them staying for more than a week. And from what I gather, 3v3 arenas is just going to be another test of gear venue. So most PvPers are just going to see that. And refuse to play on that note alone.

Thats why i suggested this gypsum event to help players catch up atleast a little faster.

game will die very soon if catchup is not implemented. You will see.

It’s not a bad idea. Another round of Double XP alone would be welcome.

I would also be ok with a drastic move like bump up everyone’s expertise to 550 if it’s below that.

I am NOT OK with free umbrals. Umbrals is the very end of end game currently and players should be pushed to play the game to experience that.

One other thing I think players who are hoping for a big pop surge from this update should be prepared for is there are a significant amount of people out there that don’t like PvP impacted by gear and gear score. I like the feeling of earning that power but others see the time investment as a negative. It’s the dividing line of the genre and we should be ok with that.

1 Like

I doubt people will return for arenas. If they do they will leave right away once they find out there are no leaderboards making arenas pointless

Obviously they arent gonna have leaderboards right away. Wow doesnt start a pvp season the day a expansion launches.

Let em get arenas out and later ranked arenas will come

Honestly this game should cut the grind to be PvP viable by at least 75%. Maybe than PvPers might think about returning and sticking with the game. But for the meanwhile, too many inclusive equalized skill based PvP games and MMOs on the market. For many PvPers to want to settle here.

1 Like

So whats the point of these arenas then? Its just another gear check like opr.

If you look at the post i linked above your reply i wanted normalized pvp arenas or atleast pvp specific gear we grind currency for, like in wow.

Awesome Idea ! For me it’s necessary

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.