Has this been fixed yet?

Continuing the discussion from [FAQ] How to Transfer to Another Server or Region:

Hello @odinscribe,

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble transferring servers. Please note we are aware some players can’t transfer to another world as the Trading Post contract checker seems to be not loading properly. Our developer team is currently looking closely into this issue and updates will be sent soon.

Some players have been able to get around this by going to the middle fast travel point in Great Cleave called Tempest Valley Shrine, pressiing “E”, then going to the shop and initiating the transfer while having PvP turned OFF. Others have tried the process continually at one of the sanctuaries until the option came up.

In the mean-time, if the above method does not work, they are requesting of affected players to submit their World/Region and
Character Name in a web ticket to look further into this here: Contact Us | Amazon Games.

Please, do not submit this information in the forums but on the link stated above.

See you in Aeternum! :wolf:

Thank you for the reply. No I was asking if the bug/anomaly I quoted above from the transfer FAQ’s, was fixed or not. Was trying to make sure before I attempted my transfer from West to East. I did go through with the regional transfer and it seemed to work out just fine. At first was some trouble but it turned out to be a company invite I had never accepted that was holding me up. Anyways, thank you and have a nice day.

Hello @odinscribe,

Thank you for clarifying your question regarding transfers. Whereas I do not see any specific update in regards to this on the forums, I’ve read of some players being able to perform such transfers just fine.

I am happy to read you were able to do so yourself.

See you in Aeternum! :wolf:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.