Hatchet Damage Exploit

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: HeavyForce
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Kressa (AP)
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Hatchet damage ramps up dramatically overtime. This is done by attacking many enemies with the hatchet over a period of time without swapping out of it. Swapping out of the hatchet to your secondary weapon resets the hatchet damage back to normal. Fast Traveling does not reset hatchet damage when it is ramped. Hatchet damage that is ramped up eventually caps out at a maximum for each character, which is likely dependent on the character’s stats. For example my character has 5 strength and 5 dexterity, my hatchet maxed out its damage at 2000+ damage for each light hit on a level 63 elite mob. For a 300 strength character, this maximum damage could be significantly higher.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug + Exploit
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Makes it relatively easy to kill high level mobs if you are a hatchet using character.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

Normal Damage

Ramped up Damage

My Skill Tree

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
    Use the hatchet and attack enemy mobs normally (as many mobs as you can). Over time, the hatchet damage will ramp up to its maximum damage for the character. Do not swap out of the hatchet to the secondary weapon during this period of time as doing this resets the hatchet back to its normal damage. I replicated this exploit twice using these steps.
54 Likes

Interesting to see, I am sure this has something to do with Great Axe being perma haste and damage increase, It is procing the skill in hatchet to increase damage and eventually stacks enough to allow this to happen.

I am experiencing the same on Nastrond (EU)
Characer name: MaD0S

WOuld be cool if this could be added to bug tracker and resolved with priority so we hatched players can do pvp again :confused:

1 Like

I’m getting this but had lifestaff in my second slot, so not necessarily related to great axe.

Originally I thought it had something to do with berserk and honing stones, but apparently not as the OP isn’t using honing stones.

firstly this is not an exploit but a bug.
this is related to perks of the weapon stacking and not getting removed after said time.

2 Likes

Exploit definition: “make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).”

Most hatchet players are abusing this bug atm on Kioram. It is an exploit if people can make use of it.

11 Likes

it’s not an exploit but a bug it’s literally just using the weapon you always have been. Even if you swap from time to time the weapon stacks will still build some. No dif from people wearing faction armor for dmg reduction.

6 Likes

I would rate it as a bug also, as you dont have to do anything specific other than playing normally to trigger this effect. But god damn does it feel good to kill those Zombies with 2k+ crits. They dont feel like stupid bullet sponges anymore and the game is much more fun. At least thats what a friend told me.

6 Likes

Weapon stacks destroys the game and wars :frowning:

11 Likes

This is pathetic. Some people are able to hit 8k with single hit.

This is really game breaking bug. All wars should be disabled untill all those crouching or dmg stacking bugs are fixed.

22 Likes

Turn off those hatchets :-;

5 Likes

Can’t play this game when ppl one shotting you while using hachet with 5 strenght and 300 constitution :disappointed_relieved: make something with this asap

7 Likes

Game breaking bug in my opinion.

7 Likes

if u cant fix this fast, turn off wars :skull_and_crossbones:

8 Likes

Hatchet bug, Game bug, 30fps last patch. OMG stop it

1 Like

This is absolutely game breaking. It needs hot fixed immediately

5 Likes

this is legit game breaking

6 Likes

Looks like wars will be all hatchet lol can somebody tag the forum admins, this need immediate attention

6 Likes

I had to make account when I saw this reply. Yes, hatchet is broken right now, I will not argue that. I was hitting last night non crit on level 40 elites for 5K. However, it cracks me up that this is the reason wars need to be disabled and not the issue where in window mode you can drag your screen around and can’t be damaged or moved. That to me seems like a much bigger issue then extra damage using a hatchet.

3 Likes

This bug is already being abused on many servers and it’s making PvP literally unplayable. I am scared how the wars would look like if it stays any longer. This bug needs to be patched ASAP.

4 Likes