Hatchet Infected Throw Aim is FAR off with new patch 1.0.5

• What is your character name in New World:
    Lumineh

• What server/world did you experience your issue on:
    Themiscrya

• Describe the issue you are experiencing:

Prior to 1.0.5 patch the Infected Throw trajectory was inline with the cross hairs. This was to be expected as it is a straight overhand throw not a sidearm of any kind. With the new patch the throw trajectory seems really random. As it’s hard enough to hit with this throw anyway, it’s the only ability to debuff healing in the game, and I do not see this in the patch notes, I do no believe this was intended.

• Is this a bug or an exploit:
    Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
    Unable to aim with the only ability to debuff healing in the game.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
    No

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
    New World 2021.11.04 - 19.23.29.01.mp4 on Vimeo

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
    Just using infected throw

3 Likes

I noticed the same thing, aiming mobs dead center like before and hatchet just not even close to hitting the mobs

i’ve seen even from as close as 2-3 meters while aiming right at the head,shots can end up hitting in the chest or completely sailing over top of them and to the left randomly.

Same problem here

Is your hatchet’s textures bugged?

That can’t be the intended look.

Nope, that’s the look of this hatchet as far as I can tell.

Exact same problem here. I thought i was going insane but looks like its happening to others as well.

Same here since 1.0.5. Very frustrating

I am having this same exact issue, renders the only heal de-buff in the game useless because it rarely hits the target.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.