Hatchet swing exploit

Player: Umichan was caught using unlimited hatchet swing exploit in PVP.

• What is your character name in New World:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Atvatabar
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: unlimited hatchet swing exploit
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: exploit
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: unfair PVP
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: unknown

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpotlessFlirtyDeerRaccAttack-hUa6jdEgeKpDUKsu

2 Likes

Is this some for of auto canceling? First time I see this.

Not 100% certain how he was doing it.
Talking on discord a few people saw him practicing it, and yes its some extreme animation canceling.

Most Logic explanation would be interweaving weapon stow/weapon swap between attacks. But then, popping berserk would be useless. If he can do that without using weapon stow/swap then it’s a big deal

It’s the hatchet throw, the aim animation cancels your attack animation. Not really a exploit just how the hatchet throw needs to be in order to not feel slow and clunky. Although to do it to perfection he might be using a macro because that needs really constant timing.

I got one cheater too, and is clear that is not the hatchet ability…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsTx9DfaZu8&ab_channel=SweetSleepGaming

Using the butterfly technique with the aim animation to cancel the swing. It def works, but is not easy to do consistently.

Technically an exploit of mechanics but its kinda cool and would almost NOT BE an exploit if not for autohotkey.

Done manually, i imagine that it feels like a hyper version of ESO animation canceling…which is allowed and encouraged by that game i believe. But in that game, you do it with all weapons, so it isnt a balance problem.

wait for PVPer who explain us it is in the game an therefore ok to use, its playerskill to do this you know :smiley:

Yeah if it couldnt be scripted to work perfectly, i’d say it was just a player skill thing and not an exploit tbh

the endless swing can reproduced very easily, i did it myself for testing, but forgot how or what it was exactly that it need you to do and i wouldnt share it anyway.

I know at least 2 people that know that’s bullshit. You and me :). You knew exactly how it’s done and it’s easy but you totally forgot. What else? You speak whale and have a friend that’s a Clownfish?

Like they said before, its no cheat. It might be an exploit (if we talking about smart use of game mechanics) idk why people starting to realize it now but its not new.
You can animation cancel:
Light Armor Dodge Roll by Weapon Swaping
Hatchet Autoattack by either Hatchet Throw or Throw + Weapon Sawp
Double Lifestaff & Double Firestaff (or mixed) by Light Attack > AOE > Cancel by Weapon Swap > Light Attack
Canceling Musket reload by Medium Armor Dodge
Canceling end of long Animations by Dodge + Weaponswap
and more…

All this stuff is in the game for a while and to a certain point allowed and intended I would say. Anyways, abusing it in a way like that (through macro, ahk or whatever) would include a 3rd Party Software what would be against the CoC and therefore not allowed. Other then that I would say smart use of game mechanics + skill if done in person.

1 Like

Hey Mrs disrespectfull blah blah blah.
It was something with switching weapons when at the entrance of a city or so.
Someone told me in Voice , i reproduced and forgot about it the next Second.
I dont use exploits!
Keep your assumptions to you If its nothing but disrespectfull BS.

Nah. I don’t think you did reproduce anything. I wasn’t saying you exploited. That would be a wrong assumption and if the message came across as that I apologise. But I still don’t believe you reproduced anything :slight_smile: and don’t mistake this with the feral rush while entering the city. It’s nothing alike

It does look like a macro for the amount of times he pulled it off in a row. But could also be just practice

yeah could be and should be punished, i just wanted to say that it is possible to practice and perform in person because there’s a witchhunt against nearly anybody who does something on our server, even not switching weapons with a hatchet (so the dmg buff stacks), gets shittalked and they call you out to be massreportet if you don’t swap hatchet for like 10seconds in outpostrush…

Manual butterfly hatchet is actually a fun technique to master and i believe the game ideally would be balanced to allow for most if not all of the animation cancel techniques we’ve seen.

They are only exploits if the game is not taking them into account as far as balance with other weapons/builds. And as far as i can tell, it is not. So thats a shame.

Manual butterfly hatchet is super fun reward vs effort, i have zero interest in macroing it or anything else that i can master manually.

Taking a break from the game regardless though, until some of the mess gets cleaned up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.