Haven't received complimentary copy since Family Library Sharing was disabled

My only character on New World was created on a Steam account different to the account that purchased the game. I invested lots of time into that character and even purchased a skin pack on that account. After Steam’s library sharing feature was disabled, I never received a complimentary copy of the game as announced by Luxendra in this thread. I made legitimate use of Steam’s library sharing feature and only ever had the 1 character.

I completely agree with Amazon’s decision to disable library sharing in order to prevent botting and ban evading, but I do not agree with Amazon’s handling of legitimate players that made use of a legitimate feature on Steam.

The oversight to enable library sharing on an MMORPG game is Amazon’s fault and Amazon’s fault alone. I respect the announcement of granting ownership to legitimate players, except not everyone has received a copy of the game. If a list of genuine players was actually compiled, I am wondering why I was never on that list?

I have contacted Amazon support multiple times and I never receive a response from the agents. They assure me that this time will be different and they will get back to be with an answer from the developers, but that is never the case. I don’t know if there is an issue with Amazon support sending emails to my address, hence why I have resorted to the forums as a last attempt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Character name: Ryl4n
Server: Emathia (now Vega)

Hello @rylan,

Welcome to the forum! :hugs:

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us, I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

In this case you will need to contact Steam directly to check if you are eligible for the key, if needed you can contact our live support to check the status of your tickets to make sure they are still being worked on as you haven’t heard back.

Have a great day! :wolf:

3 Likes

If anyone else is in the same predicament, contact Steam support because they gave me a complimentary copy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.