Heartrune of Grasping Vines ignore Freedom

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here

To report a player or company for Code of Conduct violations, please do so here

• What is your character name in New World: n4t0
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Barri
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Even though I’m running 5 freedom perks on my armor I’m still getting rooted for 3s by grasping vines. Which means the heartrune completely ignores freedom.
  • Is this a bug? (If this is an exploit, please follow the steps here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated): I assume it is.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: I get rooted for 3 seconds.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes after full duration.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Equip 5 armor pieces with freedom and get hit by Grasping Vines heartrune. You will get rooted for full duration.
  • When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) 27/11/2022
1 Like

I think it’s more of an issue with the freedom perk, this week’s Laz I have freedom on 5x armor parts and still got rooted for the full time. The stoneform still provides a free in that case, but the underlying problem i think is that the freedom perk.

up

Hey nato,

Thank you for reporting, I have forwarded to the Devs team for further investigation.

Best Regards,

1 Like

@Whistie17 I also tested it with 4 freedom and it doesnt work with my character also so its something that should be adressed immediately cause freedom as perk is crippled and people paid a lot for those parts.

1 Like

bump, pretty retarded that freedom’s perk clearly states “Slow, Stun and Root expires 11% faster” yet vines is a root but freedom doesn’t affect it.

1 Like

Bump

1 Like

Bump :frowning:

Although i agree that it should work for everything idk about it lowering a heartrune lockdown from vines. To what? 1 second with 5 freedoms? It would make it by far the worst rune to have and borderline useless. You have to charge it up to even use it once in a while too…

It’s not like 5 freedom is given, I’m using my 5 perk slots for it. Also heartrunes charge fairly fast in my opinion.

I think its fair, if freedom work on ultimat too , no one will use that ultimate making it pointless! So its fair if someone wait a lot of time to charge it and use it 1 time

It is worth noting that the opposite is also true. Any effect that would increase CC duration doesn’t affect Vines. I’m fairly certain it is simply intended to have a locked duration.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.