High Latency & Stuttering Issues

Hello Folks!

We are gathering information regarding high latency & stuttering issues.

If you are experiencing this problem please provide us with the following information:

• Describe what you were doing when it started to happen:
  • World ID:
  • Bandwidth settings:

Thanks in advance!

33 Likes
  • Describe what you were doing when it started to happen: Just walking around.
  • World ID: Themiscyra
  • Bandwidth settings: High
5 Likes
  • Describe what you were doing when it started to happen: I get constant freezes at random. Does not matter what I am doing. Running, fighting, idleing. Screen will freeze up for about 2 seconds and will resolve afterwards. Started right after the most recent patch. 1.05.
    I have also noticed that all my fans will increase as the screen freezes.
  • World ID: Vineta.

I am using a wifi connection with fibre optics. Stable in everything else I am doing.

4 Likes

-Doesnt matter, could be fishing, questing, expedition, outpost rush. Ping spikes to 3000-5000 for a few minutes randomly. It usually sits around 45 to 50ms.

-Magmell

-Bandwidth set to high. I’m on fiber internet with no issues on other programs. Spikes still occur whether my setting is set to low or high.

2 Likes

Walking through everfall, abilities animations frozen.
Valhalla
High

I dunno if you guys are aware of this or not, but servers in US East region on your server status page are showing that they’re under maintenance. So I think it’s probably not on the player side…

• Describe what you were doing when it started to happen: Anything, mostly combat
  • World ID: Neritum
  • Bandwidth settings: Low, Medium, High (doesn’t make a difference)
  • Describe what you were doing when it started to happen: just walking around, cutting wood and mining
  • World ID: Nidavellir

This has been going on since patch1.05 some times/days worse than others.
Now as of 11/23 I cant use the auction house at all keeps knocking me out. unless I am really fast at getting to the item I want to buy. If I can get to the point to create a buy order it shows already filled but nothing shows in my storage.

3 Likes
  • Describe what you were doing when it started to happen: Since the beginning of the game, EU central ping seems 65-68, but my input latency has never been lower than 80.
  • World ID: Midgard
  • Bandwidth settings: LOW
1 Like
  • Describe what you were doing when it started to happen: Varied things, running between towns. It’s less noticeable when Im alone or few people around me. Fighting in an elite area, it was super bad here like I was running on ice. War, often when I’d be in a fight the person would just teleport a little bit or my swings would just not go through was hard to tell.
  • World ID: Theleme (I am an East Coast player and this is a West Coast server)
  • Bandwidth settings: Medium, I’ve switch to High to see if it makes any difference.

A few things to note that may be impacting it or related to it:

Chat. I will get periods of time where my chat won’t work, and if it’s filtered I’ll get times when it just spams me with a bunch of chat at once…happens a lot when filtered but happens normally too.

Ranged weapons, especially noticeable with musket due to the sound, but have had it with the bow. When I am walking aiming down the sights of the musket, if I shoot it’ll often double fire. But if I stand still, it rarely if ever double fires. So I think it’s related to the stutter because Im moving and it’s most noticeable when I am moving around.

My ping has always been kind of poor to the west coast, but had some friends who played there… just the stutter has gotten really bad in this last week. Especially bad today.

PTR has the same issue for me and it’s east coast, but it was loaded with people so it’s not a fair assessment.

Also just thought of something else… when I am on the trading post or crafting, sometimes my character will just turn around and look at the camera. Sometimes my inventory will open without me touching anything, or it will randomly stop crafting and the character will have spun around like I just opened my inventory, but it’s not open.

1 Like
1 Like
  • Describe what you were doing when it started to happen: It has been happening nonstop since the 1.0.4 patch came out. It is most noticeable in and around cities. Crafting windows close on me, the item shop closes on me, I get kicked off of crafting nodes, and the same with chests.
  • World ID: Utensia
  • Bandwidth settings: I tried them all, but mostly play on high. This does not make a difference in the lag though.
3 Likes
  • Describe what you were doing when it started to happen: Playing the game anytime since about 2 days after launch. Never happens to me in towns, less frequently in dungeon instances.
  • World ID: First Agartha and then Delos
  • Bandwidth settings: Low, Medium as well as High have all been tried and tested extensively.

Still waiting on a reply to the email I was asked to send by customer support in the 1st/2nd week after launch :slight_smile:

Also if anyone here hasnt tried it, if you can throttle your internet somehow i.e downloading a game on steam or through other appropriate programs. That can often help, not all the time, but it has helped me a lot of the time when I have tried to play.

• Describe what you were doing when it started to happen: anything (fishing, walking, trade post, but ESPECIALLY during combat)
  • World ID: Elelin

This wasn’t an issue until after one of the early updates. Game played like any other MMO then one day, I began hitting 3k+ input latency at regular intervals. Maybe every minute or so?

1 Like
  • Describe what you were doing when it started to happen: 5 minutes after 1.0.4 (the patch that fixed an immunity bug, people were manipulating their connections to be immune to damage, ever since then these issues have been happening)

• World ID: Linnunrata

Cant use the trading post, crafting stations, revive people, loot chests, gathering gets canceled, immune to drowning because breath resets every few seconds, character turns as if the inventory was opening (same animation) every few seconds which seems to be the cause of all of these actions being canceled.

Suggestion: Make chests lootable the same way harvesting any gathering node is, until there is a fix for these issues, so at least we can continue to do our quests and farm gearscore. it would be a HUGE help!!! the progress bar when looting a chest currently resets every time we try to loot it. unlike harvesting, it saves the progress.

2 Likes

Describe: Started 2-3 days ago, almost everywhere. Not only me. The damage done and received get late register/update, like big chunks of damage at same time
World: Jianmu - SA
Bandwith: Any

• Describe what you were doing when it started to happen: anything: Anything, mostly combat , war hammer/Great axe get abilities animations freezen, stuggling.
  • World ID: CobraHell

obs: Warhammer is practically unplayable, every skill you are stuck for 1 second +, some times, u are hitting the enemy and both dont receive dmg.

• Describe what you were doing when it started to happen: Walking, harvesting, attacking NPC, any activity really.
  • World ID: Muspelheim
  • Describe what you were doing when it started to happen: Just recently literally anything. Not crazy but my internet speed and computer are more than enough.
  • World ID: Camelot