High temps - CPU and GPU

My CPU and GPU are reaching 80ºc while playing, and no matter what resolution or graphics quality of the game I choose, they remain in high usage, even capping my fps to 60. This only happens with New World, temps are fine playing other demanding games (Battlefield 1, Hunt Showdown, Cyberpunk etc)

Anyone else having this issue?

Ryzen 1600AF + RTX 2060

3 Likes

Same here. It’s kind of scary. Other games don’t make my temperature go up anywhere near that high.

1 Like

Hi,
I have the same issue. I’m running the game with 2K resolution, all settings set to medium.
After only 2 minutes in game, my GPU goes from 52°C to 81°C.
My PC crashed twice yesterday after playing 1h because of the heat.

I’ll probably cancel my pre order if they don’t address this issue.

Spec : AMD Tyzen 9 3900X + RTX 2070 SUPER + 32BG RAM + 1 TB SSD

1 Like

I have found a workaround, i used the Aorus Engine (GPU Tunning utility) to set to maximum temp to 75°C.

Hi Adventurers,

Thank you all for sharing your reports about this problem, we believe this is related with driver settings and frame rate limiters.

Disable the overrides in the driver settings,
Make sure to press “APPLY”
Restart the game client.
Also you can cap your FPS.

This will help prevent issues with the GPU’s utilization.

Go to Settings > Visuals > Max fps > Set this to 60, this should help to bring the utilization back down.

Additionally, please be sure to check in your NVIDIA Control Panel under Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > Select New World, and check that Max Frame Rate either shows 'Use Global Settings (Off) or just Off.

Please let us know if you need more assistance and thank you all for your contributions to the Beta.

Hi!

Sorry for taking so long to respond. But after I updated my video card drivers and restarted my computer, temperatures behaved much better with the game on low. I will try later with other quality settings, thanks!

I have the same problem, temperatures + 88
i7 4940mx gtx 980m 16gb
solution: max fps 30
temperatures go down to 70