House Taxation seems incredibly low after update

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Fluvoxin

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Thule

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: House tax is between 20g and 64g

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Tax is too low

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Just check your house UI

1 Like

We made some temporary changes with today maintenance:

15 Likes

Great thanks for the fast-response

1 Like

Thank you so much for lowering the taxes for the houses that i can’t use!! house bug

3 Likes

@Tosch the problem still remains. It’s been 4 days… Can you check with the team again, please?

So it’s cheap now and then back to incredibly expensive later?
Unless we know what the Dec rates will be, there’s still no reason to buy a house.

2 Likes

There is no mention of Dec rates being lowered just that they have temporarily lowered the rate until the Dec patch. Assume that the rate in Dec will return to what you refer to as “incredibly expensive”.

there’s still no reason to buy a house

Fast travel, buffs, decoration. The list goes on and on.

5 Likes

The trophy bonuses alone pay for the taxes after a few hours of gathering per week. Also get all those free recalls to move stuff around. If anything housing taxes are too low if you do want significant amount of gathering.

2 Likes

Ah, doesn’t have a house.

Please tell me you don’t complain when people kick you out of invasions too.

1 Like

Well consider in real life I pay $1,800 a year for my housing taxes, less once I’m 100% disabled from the military though. In game you pay $2,000 in one month! I’d say their housing taxes are “Incredibly Expensive!” especially considering this isn’t even a real house! :slight_smile:

so are those without houses getting compensated for these awful bugs that have ruined gaming experience or just those with houses?

Just paid mine yesterday can I get the difference back "). No serious though,

1 Like

Why only TEMPORARILY? :expressionless:

@Luxendra @NW_Mugsy @Kay

How will this impact taxes collected by company’s that own towns? Does this translate into lost revenue for them? Inquiring minds want to know!

:beers:

I paid mine last week…a day before the maintenance that brought it up to seven days, so had a 5 day timer. I also paid it from the map, which is apparently bugged? So I paid something like extreme tax rate instead of the mid-rate the company had just lowered it to. Then I paid taxes again, last night, just before the update.
Oof do I feel your pain. Still, whining just to whine, it is what it is.

seeing how i made about 20k in the past 3 days with gathering and selling, i don’t think comparing in game stuff to real life stuff is that good of an idea. unless you know a way to do that in real life! (please share ideas with me!) also thank you for your commitment to your country. -12b ESSAYONS

what about us that paid 850g - 1000 gold just before the maintenance ?

tax should be re-evaluated, for a 5k house i should not have to pay more than 500g per 7 days NOT 5 days… but the greedy guilds on annwyn. charge you 850-1200g for 5 days which is pathetic

It’s in the Dev post linked above

Thanks, not sure how I missed that!

1 Like