How many of you have hit 200 crafting after patch 1.1?

Had this thought yesterday evening as I was trying to top up my rapidly depleting sandpaper and flux supplies (which have once more become ridiculously expensive on the server I play on). How many of you have managed to achieve level 200 in a crafting profession since 1.1 was released? If you have (well done!) did you gather/buy everything yourself or were you supported by friends or a company?

3 Likes

Between the two of us… They were supported by the bots… shhhh don’t tell anyone :laughing:

1 Like

Jewelcrafting, done by myself

3 Likes

Armoring+engineering and i’m done to level any more crafting, well cooking too, but cooking is free to go. Armoring all by myself, but engineering last 10 bars with auctionhouse, to sell all the arrows from the storage takes some time.

Worst thing there, is that i went first time in Genesis and got the musket equal or even better then the crafted one. Not Infamy one, but still good. At least i can make a good hatchet/spear still

3 Likes

I think most of them dont play this game anylonger xd About me cooking + armoring 156 finished after patch and weaponsmithing 76-200 after patch ( Yes I dont care about virtual money)

1 Like

Hit 200 in 4 crafts since the patch. Gathered almost 99% of mats.
Armoring, Engineering, Arcane, Jewelcrafting.

2 Likes

I had armoring at 200 prior to 1.1 and iirc levelled jewelry crafting from about 180 to 200 after 1.1. It was painful and expensive. I want to level weapon smithing which is currently at 130 but it’s absolutely not worth it now.

What doesn’t help matters is that the legendary crafted weapons are trash so there isn’t much incentive especially considering levelling cost (250k to 200, 60k on pants, 15k on trophies). I’ve wasted so much on trash armoring crafts that I really don’t want another way to waste asmodean.

The crafting system is flawed because there are too many perks. AGS needs to remove useless perks (Durability etc) and sort out loot & tradeskill luck so that it’s only on itemset equipment and can be applied to a wardrobe type system which gives worldwide buffs like trophies. Given the number of perk options available I do find it strange that tradeskill luck perks appear so often on crafted and loot drops. Personally I think they have a higher weighting so get rolled more often.

3 Likes

I’ve leveled Cooking, Arcana and Armoring to 200 since 1.1. Slow and painful, especially Armoring (which just hit 200 today). May not be financially worthwhile, but it was a nice goal to reach and now I can make all my own gear. My wife just hit 200 in Engineering, too.

1 Like

Poor you I did weaponsmithing to 200, then I read about timeless shards and I knew price of good 600 GS items will drop, and better will be just buy ready items for pennies than spending money on trohpies and crafting gear xd So good that I just spent 160k only to reach 200 lvl weaponsmiting anyway what could I do with those coins…

I leveled my Armorer to 200 after the patch… Took forever
I attempted to level my Engineering. But the sheer number of mats needed to raise it the last 30 points literally made me quit.

2 Likes

I hit my armoring from 150 to 200 just to realise i still need to buy major trophies 40k each and armorers hat 24k to be able to craft 600. Fak me

6 Likes

Me, but it cost me my soul and the will to keep playing this game.

3 Likes

Don’t you also have to own a house in a town where the owners have decided to graciously allow the armorsmithing buff?
Arcana & srmoring to 200 since the 1.1 patch.

Objectively, the crafting system has been a failure on almost all levels – just an unnecessary grind & money sink to craft items that have little value (at best) until endgame. Even then, you have to have all trophies, clothes, food & town buffs to MAYBE make a legendary that MAYBE doesn’t suck.

The 1.1 patch only gave the early achievers a massive break by gating off most of the competition, allowing the rich to just get richer.

Finally, so many of the crafting xp values are completely out of whack. 30 pure solvent and 12 oil give as much xp as 20 Ironwood, 15 orichalcum & 5 potent solvent and 2 oil to cite just one example.

4 Likes

Tried but gave up after level 100+

1 Like

I gather and rafine and I bet I made ore money of that then those crafters.

1 Like

completed all except furnishing before patch ,most of it was from my own gathering or exchanging mats with friends .

Furnishing after patch was pain in the ass,it is impossible now to do it on your own ,especially jewelcrafting/furnishing/weaponsmith and maybe arcana.

Jewelcrafting and arcana are the worst as you get almost nothing (jewelcrafting) or nothing (arcana) if you salvage or try to what you crafted.

They created most perfect crafting system in any game i have ever played then destroyed it with stupid mistakes …especially pvp luck bs .

1 Like

Completed armoring, weaponsmithing and furnishing after patch. Broke now!

I levelled engineering to 200, all post-patch. It took me 3 weeks I think (I play a lot by the way). Not a pleasant experience for sure. For the last 10 levels I bought a lot of materials.
Since I got to 200 I crafted 20 bows and got only 2 bad legendaries, plus 3 sub-600 keen-ench ones, two sold and one kept for me. I’m planning to craft more but I’m not actively gathering mats for it, I will just cratf when I will have mats.
After I got to 200 one guy on my server sold a keen-enchanted-keenly empowered bow for something like 90k, which is surely far less than what I gathered in 3 weeks.
My advice for someone who wants to craft the perfect bow for himself? Don’t do it, not worth it.

2 Likes

It was a mixture of gathering mostly , friends chipping in and when I got close like 197 ish I would tend to lean on the trading post because by then I was so sick of what ever trade I worked on. I finished jewel crafting post past patch I was like 140 pre patch and did engineering and arcana post patch had armoring pre patch . I have since gotten to 169 both weapon smithing and furnishings but have lost all desire to do so because a merge has made everything very hard to get and costs way to much to buy.

2 Likes

i hit 200 furnishing before 1.1, and basically ruined me very early gameplay as I got no money flow after getting to 200, just got the starmetal chest schematics and furniture got disabled, can’t sell chests, and now they did nothing for furnishing,

1 Like