How to effectively disable family sharing and reduce botting/exploiters -- Amazon, please read!

Why, because I had a differing opinion? lmao

The issue IS the faulty STEAM feature that allows exploiters the ability to readily cheat within the game using this STEAM feature.

Just because this was a feature for whatever reason at launch, does not mean that Amazon does not have a right to disable it, just like many other gaming companies have done. Had this not been overlooked from the beginning, every single person playing would have had to purchase the game to play (like many other games) anyway. Think of it as a bonus, a lot of people got hours of free play time and if they want to continue, they can purchase the game and put it on the account they were playing on.

This is your second direct personal insult in ‘this’ post alone and I am sure it will not be your last because well, that is who you are. My hours shown on New World currently sits at 541.5 if you are really counting.

That is not what I said, must you twist everything? I clearly stated that " I predict that discontinuing Family Share could possibly bring the player base back up a little when legitimate players see that Amazon Games took the first step in limiting exploiting and those banned players returning to the game with the disabling of Family Share."

I know a lot of players that have either stopped playing or have had a more sit back and watch approach (I am one) that is not investing a lot of time into the game until we see the direction that Amazon takes such as taking a quicker stance in stating action will be taken against players using exploits before a fix is implemented, how fast they fix these bugs/exploits, whether bans go out for those actively exploiting, what measures they put into place to prevent future bugs/exploits ect.
Disabling the Family Share is a first step in taking swift action to prevent some of the largest exploits in this game such as the duplication of gold and in-game items and the ability to resurface in game to continue using them after they are banned.

Hmmm which is it, since I am on here (forum) so much I don’t play the game much or I am on here so much…

Again, I did not state that bots and farmers is the reason I want Family Share to remain disabled in the thread you are referring to (but it is a definite additional benefit), you took that all out of context, go look at the exact quote above.

There have been plenty of players that have mentioned throughout various threads that until Amazon can get some of these exploit bugs under control, they are done. I just told you that I am basically on a wait and see approach with simply doing my daily cooldowns until Amazon demonstrates that they will continue to take swift action against the huge problem they have right now with bugs and exploits and disabling Family Share is one such action for me. I have seen this STEAM feature ruin other games and I have seen how it has already become a vehicle for exploiters in this one.

The majority of players that will be gone with Family Share are those that did not pay for the game to begin but hopefully if they liked the game and all of the free time they had playing, they will consider purchasing the game like the rest of us and continue playing. Could there be some legitimate players that purchased the game that are angry enough to quit playing because they cannot now have 10 others playing off their account for free, sure.

As far as me stating the same thing over and over again… It is because people like you twist things I have stated for your own agenda (demonstrated above in this post) and/or fail to see the actual point.

If you bothered to actually read any of my posts, you will see that I have also repeatedly stated that the destructive Family Share STEAM feature is the issue and needs to remain disabled but that it would be great if Amazon Games worked with those currently on Family Share to keep the character and progress if they want to purchase the game for that account OR, work on the ability to transfer that progress to the account the game was previously purchased on as long as there is only one character per server.

It’s shocking the amount of people that are here just to troll and the worse thing is that Amazon is listening to these people.

We have stated many, many, many times, that 1) account sharing in MMOs is dumb 2) family sharing IS account sharing 3) family sharing allows people to play the game without playing 4) family sharing is used by the majority of players to exploit bugs and cheat than legitimate users

You say it’s ridiculous for a PS4, but this is not a console. By the way, “each player having to buy their own copy” already exists: if you buy a digital copy it is linked to your account and the only way you can “share” your copy with your friends is by sharing your account. Which is forbidden by the terms of use of Xbox Live and PSN+ (or similar service, I don’t know the name of their sub service).

We never denied Family Sharing was a bad feature. It just doesn’t make sense for MMOs, and as I said many times before, the main reason people that are “legitimately” using this feature is just to play without paying (sharing their license with 4+ people, some even abusing a Steam bug to play at the same time), because paying 4x $40 is “too much” for them.

If this family sharing feature was widely known at launch day, I bet you New World would sell a lot less than it already sold, because people have no reason for buying the game if you can just ask a friend to share their copy with you.

And finally, repeating for the millionth time, even though there are legitimate users of Family Sharing, unfortunately the majority of users are using this feature to abuse exploits and cheat, killing the game experience for the others and damaging the whole game in the end.

I am 200% sure Amazon is not deleting these accounts and if you buy the game you can resume your progress from where you left off.

I agree and others have stated that they have purchased the game and resumed playing their characters on the Family Share account after installing the game on that account. I just cannot state with any certainty that this is the case as so far, it is hearsay and nothing I have tested myself.

1 Like

oh yeah, it’s about time.

even if is true if they remove ur account and ask for another 40$ for play what u would do?

i have 3 minutes of play time on the account with the game and 300h on the family share account, why i have to pay 2 times if others pay 1 time?

2 Likes

I think a real question here is why did you put only 3 minutes into the main account and all your time into a free-linked account? makes no sense. If it was someone else’s game you were linked to, then you bought them the game and they just didn’t play, time to pay for your own game.

1 Like

the 3 min is bc i bought launched and closed (didn’t create a new char)

the reason bc i used a share account is bc i’m doing a mother account that buy games and i share it with me and my brother/dad
in that way when i stop to play a game they can easy access it in the future
just for quote my current status
my brother is playing RAFT a game i bought in 2019 with my last save around 2019, so it was sitting in my library, family share allow my brother to play that instead clash of clans
my dad is playing Age of Empires 4…
have a single root account is easier to manage, if i know the game was without family share i would have bought it on my main
is like why use paypal instead link ur card on a site?

That’s expected? I once bought COD MW 2019 and played for like 2 hours. Contacted support to refund my purchase because the next day after my purchase, the game went on sale. I asked for a refund to buy the new version, support told me my progress would be erased.

I simply accepted it, specially because it wasn’t too much progress, but still, I really wanted to play the game. Turns out my progress wasn’t erased at all and I could resume from where I left off.

Although they are not deleting family shared accounts, I would never, in the first place, dedicate so much time in a shared account in a MMO, because I know sharing accounts in MMOs is never supposed to happen. Unless you don’t care about your progress being erased, you spent so much time on a bomb that is about to explode at any moment. It’s like as if you tried to cheat in your account, it didn’t work, and you continued playing. Then one day you get banned for cheating for the day you tried to cheat and lose all the progress you made since then.

1 Like

I don’t fully disagree with you, however not everyone used “family shared” accounts as shared accounts.

When I first started playing, I was gonna play with a friend (lets call him friend 1).
I was gonna join friend 1’s server but due to overpopulation it was currently closed, but thinking about it I decided to create a character on a different server but same world-set, as there was already talk about server transfers coming up very soon.

I played for a while but server transfers took longer then I initially thought it would, and really… I hate playing alone.

At some point at this time, another friend (friend 2) got the game and was creating a character, he found out the server that friend 1 was on, had been unlocked.
We decided then to create new characters on this server and level up together.

When I started creating it, I realized I couldn’t make another character in the same world-set…
Thinking it was all temporary I got onto my second steam account just to play a bit with them instead of alone.

I did, everything was fine… We had fun :smile:
… But, these server transfers took forever …
Being so far along I ended up committing to my new character making it my main, and then this.
They disabled family share, long after the game was released with no plans prepared KNOWING there would be users with legitimate reasons to do this.

This was a rash decision, yet claiming it was not taken lightly, with no plan for us.

I bought the New World license that applies to one person.
I used a steam feature that was allowed by the game.
I have not been involved in actions against ToS (as further confirmed by AGS support).

So why am I, and of course some other people… being punished for it?

Sorry for a long reply, but I would like you to understand that there are a lot of users that did not share the game with anyone else but used a feature that was shipped with the game, to circumvent poor game design.

Because the percentage of people abusing this feature is much higher than who use it for legitimate purposes.

I believe it was never intended to be enabled in the first place and if you didn’t suspect it would be disabled at a later time, I don’t know what to say other than you were naive to believe a MMO would allow account sharing to happen, when any other MMO out there forbids this practice. And yes, it’s not by New World itself, but it’s a feature of the platform the game is on, which severely impacts gameplay because you simply don’t need to buy the game again to play/cheat/abuse exploits. The fault is on Amazon for leaving it enabled since the start, and not communicating whether this should’ve been enabled or not in the first place.

1 Like

It’s not that I didn’t suspect it would be disabled at some point, it’s the fact that I had confidence that a MASSIVE company wouldn’t act this unprofessional, making such rash decisions without even thinking up a plan for the people who genuinely used a feature they allowed in the first place.

The exploiters/botters/gold sellers has been in the game since day one. How much more damage would they cause while the dev team came up with a plan before executing said plan?

Its not like they didn’t know about us…

1 Like

well actually amazon is in breach of steams TOS because they failed to have a system in place to stop multiple accounts logging in at once this as stated by steam TOS is a clear violation on their part as many MMOs have family share available for use but they don’t have amateurs doing the code and make sure to disconnect any accounts that try to multi log instances of the same game so once again it is not naive or ignorant it’s just a blatant breach of steams TOS and robbed people of money they spent legitimately and they have gone into dark mode about it because they know they fucked up and don’t want lawsuits from Steam and are tyring to find a fix before people grow a fucken brain and say something

2 Likes

You’re right :rofl:

1 Like

Remedies for Breach of Contract — Judicial Education Center.

Anyone else hear Kanye West saying “Oh, I’mma let you play - but…”!

Check your email, I think you will have a surprise :wink:

2 Likes

Just an fyi that I am closing this thread as we have disabled family sharing and provided a resolution for those using family sharing for valid reasons here: [Notice] Family Sharing Update - #2 by Luxendra

4 Likes