I can't send messages on chat

• What is your character name in New World: FleurX
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Fate
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: I can’t send messages since I downloaded a new client a month ago. When I press enter nothing happens.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Can’t interact with anybody/ group for quest etc
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
    I don’t know, I just got back into the game and since then I can’t write anything.

Hello FleurX,

Welcome back to the New World Forums. (∩◕‿◕)⊃━☆゚

Thank you so much for your report in our Forums about this chat error since the latest patch.

First I want to check with you the troubleshooting related with the AGS files that are linked within New World:

1. Windows + R type in %APPDATA%
  2. Go to Local and Roaming (Both files will include an AGS file) and open them.
  3. Rename the AGS sub-folder ‘‘New World’’ to something different like ‘’_New World"
  4. This will refresh the cache files within New World.
  5. Restart your PC.
  6. Re-launch New World.

If the problem keeps happening, apply a Steam Integrity Check files:

Thank you for all your patience and I’ll pending for your reply. (づ ◕‿◕ )づ

Screenshot 2022-04-14 5.56.31 AM

Imagine, a year after release & these things happen…lol worst coding in game history. I believe I’ve encountered this numerous of fimes… It eventually fixes itself.

Problem solved. Thx for help!

1 Like

I’m really happy to hear it worked for you FleurX, Thank you so much for sharing you were able to fixed it and I wish you safe travels in Aeternum :world_map:

Screenshot 2022-04-14 5.56.31 AM