I can't use FISH'S FALL the summer event fishing pole anymore

• What is your character name in New World: Guatimozin

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Devaloka

• Describe the issue you are experiencing:
    I’m trying to use the fishing rod FISH’S FALL from the summer event, but it’s not working anymore after the summer event ended. I can’t reel in.

1. I cast the rook on water.
  2. A visual bug happens: the fishing line appears straight from my character on a vertical line.
  3. The hook lands on water.
  4. A fish bites the bait.
  5. I left-click to hook it.
    6. I left-click do reel in, but nothing happens. I can’t reel in.

If I release left-click, the fish goes away like normal.

• Is this a bug?: bug.

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I cannot catch fish anymore.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: I have to use worse fishing poles than the one I had to farm and buy on the summer event.

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
    I’m trying to use the fishing rod FISH’S FALL from the summer event, but it’s not working anymore after the summer event ended. I can’t reel in.

1. I cast the rook on water.
  2. A visual bug happens: the fishing line appears straight from my character on a vertical line.
  3. The hook lands on water.
  4. A fish bites the bait.
  5. I left-click to hook it.
    6. I left-click do reel in, but nothing happens. I can’t reel in.

If I release left-click, the fish goes away like normal.

• When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone):
    It started happening after the patch that ended the summer event. The provided screenshot if from right now (12/september/2022 11:53 AM, São Paulo Brazil Time Zone GMT-3)
2 Likes

Same here

1 Like

Experiencing the same issue. Max cast gets me 10m, it starts with a minimal amount of progress, holding left click (i.e. reeling) simply pauses the progress meter, letting go lets it reel out and fail. Tested with other fishing poles, fishing is fine overall, just affecting the ‘Fish’s Fall’ 560gs Medleyfaire event pole.

1 Like

Mine will continue to say cast missed the water.

1 Like

still happening.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this! The development team is checking into this.

1 Like

Welcome to the New World forum community.

The development team is checking into this.

1 Like

This is resolved in the latest update that is happening tonight.

1 Like