I invite all healers to talk about new targeting system

Ok bois and girls what you think and what buttons should we use now ?(btw this is from ptr)
unknown-10

3 Likes

Ah so now I can finish programming the rest of rest of the buttons on the mouse.

1 Like

Unless there’s a number over their head or something pretty pointless having to check what spot they are then hit the according key, they’ll probably be dead by then or have ran away where targeting as it is now would work.

2 Likes

Don’t really have an issue targeting now just position better instead of staying in one spot and spamming

1 Like

Being able to hit a key instead of using the scroll wheel is going to be amazing.

3 Likes

i believe the numbers are the positions in order of character name, 1 = yourself, 2 = 2nd player, 3 = 3rd player, 4 = 4th player and 5 = 5th player, in order of position.

Something like that but the point is, this should be a much better system compared to what we have now.

3 Likes

It’s funny tho we don’t need 1 to be ours cuz we have other key for self healing, and i remember like months ago we could maintain our target with scroll and heal them with 1 key(Q F R) but now we have to double click our ability to heal them and we can’t maintain our target, but with this new change we can use only 1 key for idk tank for example and heal them with that key

1 Like

I just got back from a long break and in the middle of my OpR I was thinking I need these buttons urgently.

Here they are.

1 Like

One thing I do know is that Splash of light… it should HEAL AT LEAST 5 additional friendlies within distance that are NOT in your party.

A lot of the time my team doesn’t stick together when I’m trying to heal. So, id at least like to heal SOMEONE within proximity… and not always have to count on the ground AOE healing. It’s silly.

ALSO, can’t even use SINGLE TARGET heals on people in OPR who aren’t in my party because most of the time people don’t stand still…and the movement of people is so squirrely that it’s impossible to guess where people will end up for these TINY AOE markers.

Also, I feel like voidblade healing with Voracious Blade Perk on armor isn’t work right. I could be wrong, but the game doesn’t show me the healing done to myself. So I can’t really guage whether it is bugged. I use it out the open world for fun.

Would be nice to get mod response here.

2 Likes

Yeah, that could be handy.

They need to increase the OPR party size to everyone being in a single party. I CAN’T use Splash of Light on anyone else (other than party members). or the single target abilities because people don’t stand still long enough for me to use it. I can use them on party members, but no one else, which is the pits… i really dislike it.

2 Likes

I have always said splash of light should heal friendly players around you.

The radius is the problem with groups that are multi spec such as range and melee dps.

With the new buttons most mmorpgs use the F1-F8 or whatever the group size is for auto target heals.

If it doesn’t auto slot you can invite people based off class so that tanks are 1 fighters are 2 3 range is 4 5

2 Likes

If you turn off ur group mode u can heal any one with light embrance and if u want to put ur sacred ground on ur desire location u can unlock it wuth middle mouse button i see no problem with healing as u describe it ,i also agree with splash of light, they can make it 50 meters or less but heal any alies in that radius

1 Like

Toggle button def. needed!

1 Like

Well, time to upgrade my gaming mouse with one of those gaming mice that has 8 buttons on the thumb side. I tried this out in PTR, had to move a lot around, so I can keep group member 2 - 4 close to WASD keys. The group member 1 is not needed. I use MMB for self heals.

1 Like

Wow… I love you. ty for that. So now all we need is Splash of Light change and we solid as a mofo.

1 Like

Group UI

• We need to be able to move players positions within a party

e.g. I always want Fred in group slot 1, but when we join OPR or create a new party, his position is randomly assigned. They way when I set hotkey 1 to heal party position 1, it’ll always heal fred

Party mode enabled/disable icon required

• Somewhere on the screen I need an overlay UI to tell us if party mode is enabled or disabled

Line of Sight limitations required

• Being able to heal through walls etc needs to stop. Life Staff healers can stand far away from a player and auto-target heal them without being able to see them

e.g. In Wars, healers can stay inside the fort and heal players outside of it. In OPR you can heal through walls, not even risking being inside the fort

1 Like

turn group healing off mate

1 Like

Not necessarily seeing them to heal but i agree healing from fort or behind a big wall shouldn’t be exist at first time,and yeah i would love to move my tank below me so i can find him easier and even use a specific hotkey for it

if it looks like this it will be good enough for me

1 Like

Awesome - being able to target group members without scrolling will be such a relief. The problem will be that all logical keys in range are taken. I’ll probably just use 7890- as I tend to move my hand off the keys anyway. 12345 would be good but I don’t think my muscle memory will handle a remap.

1 Like