Ice Gauntlet - Ice Storm - Punishing Storm

• What is your character name in New World: Lagerthamn
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: SA - Ikrella
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: The skill “Punishing Storm” from Ice storm - Ice Gauntlet, is bugged, the dmg does not increase, and after I add a point to Punishing Storm, the Ice Storm stops doing dmg.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: My core mechanic stops doing dmg
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Nop
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Select Punishing Storm from the Ice Gauntlet skills
5 Likes

I have had the same issue. I have not found anyway to fix it.

Looks like it’s just randomly character based and not passive skill based. I have attempted it with multiple different skill loadouts and it’s bugged no matter what.

Have tried unequiping weapon, using different weapon and switching back, nothing works.

One friend have the same issue… tried reloging, losing a duel, unequiping, rebuild the skills and switching slots… Nothing fixes the issue…

He just cant play as mage because of that…

maybe he wasn’t born to be a mage :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Also another bug for ice gauntlet is Ice Pylon. It went grey on the ability bar and doesn’t come off cooldown. As long has this last I can’t upgrade any of my weapon abilities or change gear.

Check to see if any of your gear has the “Unending Thaw” perk. This perk causes the Ice Storm damage to end after the first tick. Usually, once that perk is removed Ice Storm functions normally again.

3 Likes

Just took off my helmet that had that perk and it fixed the problem. Thank you!

THANKS!!!, Finally I can play again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.