Ice Gauntlet Punishing Storm Bug!

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Eullogy

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Camelot

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Whenever you grab the passive Punishing storm from Ice Gauntlets It bugs out Ice storm and makes it when you swap a weapon Ice storm instantly goes down. But if you do not grab this passive you can do an ice storm and swap a weapon and it will stay.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: It destroys all hybrid builds and dps builds when the ice storm does not stay up after a wep swap.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes by dropping the passive only.

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: grab the passive Punishing storm. done.

17 Likes

Yea, i am having the same issue.

4 Likes

Its not “Ultimate chill”

1 Like

So it isn’t the Ultimate chill talent. From what I found out it’s the Punishing Storm talent. The one where it “Increases damage by 10% for each enemy in Ice Storm.”

Would love it if this was fixed. My whole playstyle was based off the Ice gauntlet’s Ice Storm and swapping my weapons. It works when you do not take that talent, not sure if this was a bug or was supposed to be put in like this.

Nonetheless, it’s Punishing Storm not Ultimate Chill.

Thanks,
Strobes - Camelot

2 Likes

I fixed it the wording its punishing storm that causes it

This is game breaking really

1 Like

Having similar issue and adding to it the gauntlet has visually went on other arm making charecter look armless on side its supposed to be on.

1 Like

yeah i had the wrong passive listed I corrected it

Having the same issue. Thanks for the heads up. Hope they fix it soon

1 Like

yes please fix this annoying bug ! it’s game breaking.

Same issue, this makes you take 4 active skills instead of 3 with full passives in some builds. Please fix!

Same issue. This occurs when you cast Ice Storm with the Punishing Storm perk and then switch weapons. You can immediately see the Ice Storm dissipate and it no longer does damage.

Please fix this.

1 Like

Please fix it! I did a youtube video for more information

Ice Storm Bug with the last passive skill.

This was reported by myself and several others in the beta, not sure why this hasn’t been fixed yet but adding some support to this thread too in hopes it gets picked up by the devs.

1 Like

Huh…I just recently got the last passive for ice storm and I started to notice this as well. I knew something was different then before and didn’t test it. But I knew I felt something was different. So, I can 100% agree since having this passive when you switch weapons ice storm goes away while without the passive it stay when switching weapons.

2 Likes

Bump

1 Like

I really hope they fix it. Creates a big issue with final builds having to do 4 abilities

1 Like

This bug is still not fixed as today (10 October 2021).

2 Likes

Yeah pls fix this. it totally weakens the build, and its kinda frustrating for many people!

2 Likes

Oh yes very annoying as Fire Staff / Ice Gauntlet Player. Cant switch to kite with Ice Storm - Please Fix it !

2 Likes