Ice Pylon Unusable

• What is your character name in New World: Ahri’s Thighs
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Delos
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Ice Pylon doesn’t reset/go on cooldown in some circumstances and becomes unavailable to use, even if you replace the weapon it stays unusable
  • Is this a bug? Yes, squish it please
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: Unable to respec Ice Gauntlet perks, and Unable to use Ice Pylon
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

NewWorld_xbsza4DOO9

1 Like

This bug has sadly been around since Beta (possibly earlier, but I wasn’t around back then). This specific bug happens when your pylon currently exists (read- is out and active) in a game mode, and then you transfer game modes.

As an example- OPR ends while your pylon is out? It will be bugged and unusable when you return to the open world. It will also remain bugged/unusable even when re-entering into an OPR/arena. The same bug will happen if you are in the open world and using a pylon, when you queue into an OPR/arena. Only a full restart of the client fixes the issue.

In practice, this means I have to fully restart my game client pretty much every match of OPR, which is really frustrating, because I usually will miss the next queue pop, and have to wait even longer to play again.

1 Like

Yup seoken has summarized how it happens and my experience is the same

Only way to fix it is relog sadly, had same problem so many times

Yeah, thats pretty much the scenarios that i have found them to commonly occur around, instanced based stuff.

It is unfortunate that the only way to fix it is to quit the game.

I just hope for change, frustrations around quiting the game just to play the game are painful.

sometimes i have this problem too…

the solution was just to close the game and start the game again.

an issue that caught my attention: I have this problem every day in the castrum elite run…

Bump. Issue persists as of the most recent patch. 1/17/23.

1 Like

Ahh sadly we are going to need to nerf light load to fix this.

They’re looking into the issue, but logging out for 3+ minutes should fix it.

Yeah, that post was made a month ago.

It also happens if you’re in the middle of Windchill and get pulled into an arena.

You walk like you’re encumbered and can’t use abilities or weapon swap.

oof

Still broken after logging out for 30 minutes.