Illusion of choice

Dex melee builds throughout most games are supposed to be high mobility and fast action. I don’t know if you’re trying to reinvent the wheel here, but it feels bad when you go light armor for dodge rolls and you just get your ass blasted because you need to be up close. Basically there’s an illusion of choice here for the dex melee builds to go light armor. Everyone else up close is med/heavy and take so much less damage that you lose the battle of attrition if you’re not outplaying the living shit out of them. Here’s a simple breakdown of what I mean…

KEEP IN MIND THESE NUMBERS AREN’T EXACT, BUT A SOMEWHAT ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF WHAT I MEAN FOR DEX MELEE IN LIGHT ARMOR GETTING ASS BLASTED.

You in light armor do 1000 damage. +20% = 1200, but they’re in heavy and have 50% damage reduction. that’s 600

Them in heavy does 1000 damage. You’re in light and you take 20% less damage. That’s 800.

So in the picture painted above you’re taking more damage AND dealing less than someone in heavy. I’m cool with heavy armor having damage reduction, but you need to do more to explain to people what armor should go with what. Maybe implement armor proficiencies so dex players can use medium and still dodge roll and get around like dex players normally would? Rather than be pigeon hold into rocking weapons to negate light armors shortcoming (bow/musket so you don’t have to go into melee) or forced to switch to medium/heavy to be able to live as a dex melee player.

All this aside this is really only a PvP problem. PvE light armor Dex can do alright (might get 1 shot by a boss since they have to be up close) if they stay on their toes and pump them numbers… so I really don’t know what the fix would be? Maybe make dex give medium armor a light equip load for pvp as the 200+ keystone? It could be added and wouldn’t really change the game outside of pvp.

P.S. Put some fkin armor pen on the rapier

Yes the dmg bonus in light armors should be higher, also light armor players should keep distance from fight a bomb stacks. In this kind of small scale fights we should have off tanks who will CC enemie, medium melee which will keep presure on their back line, and some def tanks who will protect ppl in cloths dps and healers on our back line before they will got wipe. Honestly I doubt that in any outpost rush you will make good composition with randoms where every1 do what they want and dont care about others. To do that you will need prepare everything before, have a shotcaller but ppl in this game dont care.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.