I'm stuck dead after a long loading

Hi, Unusually long loading screen after death. Was attempting to respawn at a camp, when the screen finally loaded I returned dead. Couldn’t “unstuck” “fast travel/recall” “submit a bug”.
What is your character name in New World: Elhann Bjorn
What server/world did you experience your issue on: Bakhu
Describe the issue you are experiencing: after dying on a pve got a long loading screen and then loaded back to my character dead on the ground
Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: i couldn’t play anymore so im back in the long long long long queue and finally login/logout doesn’t work i’m again stuck death
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Die in pve, click respawn in my own camp nearby, long loading screen and my dead body on the ground.

Hello @Elhann
I’m sorry for the issue you have with stuck dead after a long loading.

Please try the following:

1. Close and relaunch the Steam client. If needed, you can uninstall it and reinstall it.
  2. Steam Support :: Verify Integrity of Game Files
  3. Wait at least 25 minutes, so the server will be able to send the character to the last known spawn location.

If doing above doesn’t help, feel free to join the following thread with similar cases:

Thank you so much for your patience!

Hello,
I have already done everything you said above but nothing worked

My character = Elhann Bjorn
server = Bakhu

Hello @Elhann I’m sorry to hear that your character have become stuck as well. Dev team is aware of stability issues and connection issues that sometimes may arise and be assure they are working to fix them.

In the mean time can you try to create another character in another world log in, log out and connect again with the stuck character?

If that doesn’t work please try to log out completely from the game and steam, wait 61 minutes and log back.

if that still doesn’t work lets follow the connectivity troubleshoot steps at Amazon Games Support.

Also, Have you tried a VPN or Mobile hotspot? Many people who are able to play but frequently or periodically get are able to play pretty smoothly using a VPN or Hotspot. They are simply bypassing their ISPs connection to the game server.

Hope this info helps!

In the mean time can you try to create another character in another world log in, log out and connect again with the stuck character? => Doesn’t work

If that doesn’t work please try to log out completely from the game and steam, wait 61 minutes and log back. => Doesn’t work

if that still doesn’t work lets follow the connectivity troubleshoot steps at Amazon Games Support => Doesn’t work

Also, Have you tried a VPN or Mobile hotspot? Many people who are able to play but frequently or periodically get are able to play pretty smoothly using a VPN or Hotspot. They are simply bypassing their ISPs connection to the game server. => I’v try with my mobile connection and doesn’t work

I’m disappointed…

Hurry up ! I have been stuck for more than 8 hours, I paid for this game and had to wait a long time in the queues…I find this unacceptable that an admin came to unblock my problem

Hello, I have had the EXACT same experience, at the exact same location : Verdant Cavern.
I died, LOOOOOONG loading screen, come back to game still dead, as we are dead, cannot submit, unstuck, recall, etc because I am dead.

Cannot revive again or be revived by other players since we already ‘‘gave up’’ to respawn.
Server: Carabas
Character name: Ladekahn.
Describe the issue you are experiencing: after dying on a pve got a long loading screen and then loaded back to my character dead on the ground
Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: i couldn’t play anymore so im back in the queue, which is 5 hours long on my server… Not possible to log back in again before tomorrow, since 5 HOURS LONG QUEUE !
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Die in pve, click respawn nearest settlement, long loading screen and my dead body on the ground.

EDIT: I also noticed that in game menu, my character is shown as level 30, but I was level 31, halfway to 32 when I died.

Even after your + 7h maintenance I’m still stuck in the same place…
But what are you doing? I paid for the games don’t forget that you are so disappointing…
it’s not complicated that a fucking admin comes to unblock me with commands so that I can take advantage of the money I have invested!!!

2 Likes

Hello!
I just got the exact same bug 20 mins ago and i tried everything but the game lets u do nothing except log out.
Please fix this issue!

** * What is your character name in New World:
TomatoSlicer

• What server/world did you experience your issue on:
    EU Central / Bifrost

• Describe the issue you are experiencing:
    Character permanently dead. Can’t unstuck or respawn.

• Is this a bug or an exploit:
    Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
    Can’t play…

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
    No, still waiting for long queues…

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
    Died in PVE and spawned DEAD on my tier 3 camp

1 Like

De toute manière vu qu’on est pas un zerator ils s’en moque que quelques joueurs soient bloqués et encore plus vu que le jeux était déjà rentable lors des bêta…

Been frozen in place dead since sunday morning at 5am. I joined other thread on instruction of support here but I think they may have a different issue.! My body is still on the gorund and I am unable to respawn as seen here

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.