In-game flickering

Hello Support!

I am having lots of issues with in-game flickering.
7 from 10 launches it is literally unplayable and the flicker persists even if I close the game. I need to restart my computer to get rid of it.

The most interesting part is that I can see what’s behind the flicker. The flicker is a quick shift between the current screen and the Start Game menu image. It doesn’t appear on video when I record my screen.
My specs are the following:
Ryzen 9 4900h
RTX 2060
40GB of ram
Some NVME SSD.

Please help.

Hi @Banhamm3r,

The issue could have been caused due to graphics drivers which are installed or if the game is running on a OS other than the recommended.

I suggest you to follow the below methods to fix the issue.

1- Change Screen refresh rate

It might happen if your computer screen refresh rate is too low. You can reduce or eliminate flicker by increasing the screen refresh rate. Try to set it to 60Hz or 75Hz.

2- Update the GPU drivers

I would advise you to update the GPU drivers by which performance of the game increases.

Note: Some players reported that the latest Nvidia drivers were causing performance issues, if possible try installing previous drivers.

3- Perform a clean boot in Windows

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Here you can find steps how to perform a clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: if using any OS other than Windows 10, try playing the game using Windows 10.

Hope this information helps.

1 Like

Hello.

I will answer everything punctually:

1. GPU Drivers. - UPDATED
  2. Screen refresh rate: I have tried 60hz and 144hz. Same stuff.
  3. Ran the game with a clean fresh install. Same issue.
  4. OS- I am playing on Windows 10.

The issues is that somehow the Start Game screen remains there.

Hi @Banhamm3r,

Thanks for the information, I will raise a TT to the Devs team for further investigation, can you please provide your char name, logs and DxDiags please:

Instructions for generating a DXdiag: Open and run DxDiag.exe

Instructions for finding the in-game logs:

1. Press Windows+R on the keyboard, type %appdata% and press enter.
  2. Open the most recent file from this folder: /AppData/local/AGS/LogBackups.

Paste the content on a pastebin using http://pastebin.com/ and share it here please.

Regards!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.