Invigorated punishment (from the Champion's ring) appears to be broken

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here

To report a player or company for Code of Conduct violations, please do so here

• What is your character name in New World:
    W1ld
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
    Castle of Steel
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
    The invigorated punishment perk appears to only take 1 buff (from the target) into account, rather than stacking. There is no dmg increase / personal buff, but that might be by design.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
    it’s a bug
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
    Started a dual and tested numerous buffs. Never got to witness an increase larger than 2.2% dmg.
2 Likes

Known issue on the Arena Update Known Issues thread. Was really looking forward to using this ring. Shame.

I tested incense, energizing meal, gathering luck, and stat food. None seem to count as a “buff” in open world pvp. Do you have to be in an instance or duel for the perk to activate? What is a “buff” if none of those?

1 Like

back in december they made long duration buff from consumables and bufffood not counting as buffs anymore, so it doesn’t get removed by nullifying oblivion.

so buffs are only short time buffs, mainly stuff you get from your weapons like short time fortify/empower buffs

I thought they changed nullifying oblivion, not the buffs. I mean, food buffs are still buffs. The ring’s description is inaccurate if you’re saying this is intended behavior. How the heck is anyone gonna get to 8 buffs (maximum perk effectiveness) with no consumables counted?

Tested on a healer friend with fort stacking, below is the testing using an Ice Gaunt with t2 arcane gem. Dmg showed is Ice/Arcane split. There was no dmg difference on champ ring past x3 buffs (had the healer add x2 forts + x1 haste). Def busted.

NO RING
x0 - 902/363
x1 - 805/324
x2 - 757/305

CHAMPION RING
x0 - 902/363
x1 - 821/330
x2 771/310

ICE RING 4.9% dmg
-x0 946/363
-x1 - 844/324
-x2 794/305

Thank you for reporting this! It looks like it is the case where several buffs are not triggering IInvigorating Punishment and we are investigating and working on a fix!

1 Like

Thank you, glad it is being looked at. Although it is strange and frustrating that the development team added new perks and did not test them. It took me 5 minutes to test this with a healer friend in a duel. How are things like this missed? When easy things like this are missed, it continues to destroy faith in the development team’s ability. It seems every time we get a new perk pool most of them don’t work or don’t work as intended.

3 Likes

The new pvp perks aren’t working in instances as well(opr,war,arena)

1 Like

have to second this

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.