- What is your character name in New World: Johnnyhandsome
- What server/world did you experience your issue on: Naxos
- Describe the issue you are experiencing: It is obvious that for some reasons Orichalcum Ores don’t spawn properly for me. In MANY cases throughtout the last 4 days i mined Orichalcum in Mourningdale and Great Cleave and i couldn’t see the Ore nor could i interact with it, but others could and they actually did reset the timer. So there seems to be some sort of issue for me (or maybe some clients) that don’t load the Ore properly from the server. The weird thing is that i can acutally stand ON top of the invisible Ore, but i can’t see or interact with it up to 30-45 seconds later where it actually does spawn properly.
- Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug i guess, you are the Pros.
- (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: People could interact with Ores i couldn’t and they obviously took it before me, which is total garbage.
- (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Obviously not. A taken Ore can’t be retaken again.
- (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: I don’t have them.
- What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: I don’t know, because it doesn’t happen with specific Ores, it happens from time to time, so i can’t reproduce it.
Also happened to me.
That happens when you are Camping the respawn of the ore. ALWAYS go out of range of the shattered ore, the visibility range of the ori vein is greater and that problem wont ever happen again to you.
Source: mined 60k orichalcum and I love it when people camp the ore and I can get their vein for free
i don’t think its a bug, i think its an intended feature to combat afk macro farmers of resources.
If you go away and come back the node will appear.
How far would you consider enough? Because i mined Ori in Mourningdale where you have to run out of sight, so you can not only not see the Ore itself, you are also a good chunk away from the actual spot itself. So i am not sure if that’s a solution, but a guy ingame told me the same thing, so i guess it’s not unplausible. I will try to build up more of a route and check if it ever happens again. Thank you.
That sounds plausible, but that would also be a huge design issue, because there are people who want to netflix and chill at one spot, so it’s a stupid solution for a bigger problem, which influences the gaming experience of players. So if you are right i would say that it’s another bad decision in the design of the game, but probably not even top 20 of all the ones we got.
I think its fair this mechanic, gives a chance for everyone to get these nodes not only people that farm for hours there and know all the respawn timers also on top of that there is like only 2 places where you can farm orichalcum and there is like 8-10 nodes total and all of that for 2000 people.
If you check newworld-map.com you can filter for Orichalcum. I am mining it constantlyfor about 7 days right now and i can tell you that there are enough spots and nodes in general. But i agree that from a fairness aspect it might be an OKish solution, although i stick to my assumption that it highly influences player experience in a negative way.
I mean just as far where you dont see the mined ore. Maybe its a small distance for me because I have my settings on low, but as soon as you dont see the “shards” of the ore youre good to go. I do mine on ebonscale island and this works 24/7
If this is true, im 100% in accordance with this feature.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.