Issues Loading Game

• What is your character name in New World: Grapest
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: N/A on game startup
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Game video freezes upon startup. Acts like I’m tabbed out. If I actually tab out the video play with no Problem, and freezes again when I go back into the game.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I have to restart the game and steam several times just to be able to play.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes after several restarts.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Start the game.

I want to add that this isn’t the first time I have brought it up. Just Thought I would make an actual report this time. Since last time was in a megathread, and didn’t even get looked at. [Megathread] New World 1.3.4 Update Bug Reporting - #14 by Garh1993

It would be nice to be able to play without having to close the game and restart it 20+ times every day

Have you tried verifying your files in Steam? And what version of Windows are you using?

I am not quite sure what you mean by “game video”? Does the game freeze at the NW logo screen or at the Amazon Games logo?
In both cases, verifying the game files should help.

• Start Steam as admin
  • Right click on New World in your library
  • Select “properties” on New World
  • Select the tab "Local Files
  • Click on "Verify integrity of game files ".
  • After successful check restart the PC
  • Restart Steam, but not as admin

And then:

A repair of EAC:

• Open your Steam library and right click on New World.
  • Select “Manage” and then “Browse local files” to access the installation folder.
  • Open the Easy Anticheat folder
  • Start the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe.
  • In Easy Anti Cheat select New World and click “repair”.

If this does not help you can try to solve the problem by deleting certain folders:
( Before you delete these folders, please back up the GameLogs or copy the folder.)

• C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\AGS
  • C:\Users\AppData\Local\AGS

After deleting the two folders, repeat the repair steps from above.

I have verified games files over a dozen times. Windows 10 V 21h2. I have also restarted steam, ensured steam is updated, ran updates on my computer, restarted my computer, ran graphics driver updates, reinstalled graphics driver updates, uninstalled New world and reinstalled, cleared and refreshed DNS cache, deleted folders (as @Kater suggests), reran file integrity verification. As of the last update I cannot play the game at all. This happens every time upon startup now.

To explain further. Upon startup the game will go just past the New World logo to the initial loading screen. I have fps and location enabled. So I can see those as well. It will generally freeze once entering this screen. Showing about 0.7 to 1.5 fps before freezing. the loading will continue to happen in the background, and will continue to the Amazon logo without changing what I see visually. I will be able to hear the sound from the Amazon logo screen. Unless I press the window key or otherwise tab out of the game what is frozen on the screen does not change. I can even get to the main title screen, proceed to the character selection, and even get into the game. However, every time I click back into the game it freezes again on whatever was showing on the screen, and I have to tab out again in order to see what has changed or what I have interacted with. If I go as far as actually going into the game I can still move around and interact with things while the screen is frozen, but will not be able to see what is happening without tabbing out.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.