Item Upgrade to Legendary adds aditional points

• What is your character name in New World: Ioharmes
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Bran
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: After upgrading Tempestus item(s) from epic rarity to legendary player can get additional 25 points of attributes per item. Works with Wizened items too.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Both actually. And pretty serious one if you ask me.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It was quite a powerful boost in terms of stats. Surely made me overpowered.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yeah, relog did just fine to fix it. Although I liked having a boost ;(
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
Screenshots

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  1. Find a tempetus item of epic rarity,
  2. Equip tempestus item of epic rarity,
  3. Upgrade epic item to legendary rarity,
  4. ??? - Game code running I guess.
  5. Profit - Additonal 25 points from equipment.
11 Likes

Bump

Does this occur every time?

It worked everytime i tested it with gear from tempest’s heart.
It’s gamebreaking because it allows someone to have 500 in all stats

dzienki dziala

1 Like

Thank you for that information! We’re getting on this fix!

1 Like

Also works with sagacious armor.

Does not work with the two weapons I tried from tempest. Relogging removes the attribute bonus.

This 100000% requires a hotfix, this is a gamebreaking bug. The attributes are considered an “item buff” for the bonus attributes. Tactician’s shirt does not activate the bug, it also persists through teleports.

1 Like

I think it works on armor OR weapon, i tried this bug to upgrade full armor and 2 weapons, “item buffs” only give me from weapons. Relog too.

Please hotfix this immediately, soon players will be running around with 1000+ attribute points and all the wars will be a disaster.

It works on any item that you upgrade from purple to legendary

We already lost WW on COS server due to this.

Happened on Orun too.
The enemy who never couldn’t get into fort against us multiple times, suddenly crushes us in 13minutes with the same players.

Not only did just 2 gravs oneshot whole clusters of us due to the triple-proc grav bug, and a chunk of their army running shields for the double weapon perks (bug), but they also had players with 600+ attributes points

And they insist they won fair and square and that we need to get good :sweat_smile:

I’m betting on this not being fixed until the next planned maintenance. Players going to stack their stats then use methods to stay online for weeks and fight in wars.

Weapons and armor add their 600 gs stats as an item buff after being upgraded to legendary from epic.

PLS DISABLE WARS!!!

this will get abused and u cant even ban ppl for it, becoz you cant say if it was on purpose or just a random mistake

A little bit late, but still, yes it works every single time I have item equipped and upgrade it to legendary. After further testing It works with tempestus weapons too, yet not all of them. Also, it is possible to change equipment to different one and the bonus of additional 25 points per item stays until log out allowing players to use thier best gear.

Couldn’t test if it works on non-tempestus items due to lack of Umbra shards, as I had only around 15k.

I tested over 450 INT on OPR and with Lambert (As I named my Ice Pylon), Ice Shower and ocasional Fireball I was capable of killing players before they even noticed I was hitting them or died rushing at me not knowing I am boosted by a bug. And I wasn’t in the best possible gear I could find.
Could record that though… Still, If this won’t be fixed ASAP, then It will heavily impact every aspect of the game. People rushing mutations instead of trying to finish them, players with glass-cannons builds, with best items possible could actually one-shot other players wearing light and medium armor on OPR and even wars.

1 Like

Was in the war last night. No one that I am aware of was abusing this bug. Multiple perspectives showing Syndicate won that war fair and square. Relax.

We have like 3 gamebreaking bugs atm in the game and when a bug that implies crafting or gold making shows up is immediately taken down to not “break the game”.
Literally ppl are boosting stats in pvp(round shield i’m looking at you too) and one of the main pvp spell is doing double the hits and nobody cares to take down some “pvp” contents to prevent ppl from quitting xd.

2 Likes

everything is fine just remove the root from bow and less clunky