July PTR Discussion/Images of PTR (Also condensed TLDR PTR notes section)

For those that have not opened the PTR yet, servers still down but this popped up!

5 Likes

Damn, more skins to buy.

take my money 1

2 Likes

For the love of pete the system using 15 days for norms sounds fine… why wouldn’t we do mutations/day?

Lots of this other stuff sounds great. Like you said, bard is the audio team’s brainchild now… very excited for that.

1 Like

If the audio department and visual department made a child… and that child was a new trade skill… HOLY SHIT. That is all I am saying.

3 Likes

The VERY first thing that popped in my head when I saw this was GWAR! That’s awesome! :rofl: :+1:

1 Like

I just want to run around yelling at people “MEDIOCRE!” while running around in this gear lol.

1 Like

Mad Max: Fury Road, I see what you did there. :+1:

2 Likes

Haha getting some of those vibes at least. TIME TO GET HYPE! 26 minutes!

1 Like

Updated post. Meanwhile on the PTR…

4 Likes

Added fish shop rewards. They look amazing. Wow. Cannot wait to literally make an aquarium in a house from this haha.

Probably missing a ton of things. Tried to sample most things. Seems that the perfect salvage thing is “aight” didnt really test too well though. Salvaged 50 crafted things and got 3 perfect salvaged and 2 were used to get 3 orichalcum ingots haha. If that is the same between crafted and non-crafted though that is prob still really nice given how much stuff we get. Was hoping they would treat crafted gear differently. Little testing of the algorithm but I did a pretty unoptimal crafting session. So not much to gather yet but would love to hear what other people have found.

Still no idea what that new item is. I guess I will make one to find out!

3 Likes

Although I’ve read all the patch notes already, really appreciate this!!

5 Likes

Haha thanks made me smile! I know I wish I had this info when the Winter event was around last time. So trying to gather some images to help people out. Especially those at work who cannot get on yet. Really loving this event so far.

2 Likes

New items for crafting
runestone stopwatch

Got excited that I got 2 in one craft haha. Not that it matters on PTR! So appears that you can use them in crafting. Also infused armor fragments (appears to be from perfect salvaging system?)

Not sure what they do yet. I have yet to get the trophies and full armor set, gonna take a while to get the houses and all that but if anyone figures it out. Please post! Curious what this is all about. Sounds cool!

Wondering if this is a way to push the minimum even further? So maybe guaranteed 600 items? But since it is locked at once every 24 hours it is a way to make crafting feel better for casual crafters without massive companies abusing it? Theory so far at least.

Love you guys/gals!

1 Like

Haha yea I’m one of those guys at work! Thanks for all your effort! this patch is really insane

1 Like

Fact that it’s a stop watch makes me think it lets you “reroll” perks/stats on an item. Stopwatches always seem to have a “redo” or “go back in time” in fantasy settings.

Turn back time?

5 Likes

That’s probably it considering the amount you have to put in, a re-roll of an item of some kind. Maybe lets you even re-roll legendaries? even named.

1 Like

It is odd that it is appearing as the item is being crafted though. Hmm. Will have to figure this one out. Also wonder what the other items do as well. Love the hidden little things in this.

1 Like

@Kay @Luxendra @Aenwyn @TrevzorFTW @MinerTarv @ALL

Seriously amazing patch. Loving it. Love the music skill and cannot wait to see it evolve.

P.S. Aenwyn you should have spawned 100 Thorpes in EF at 0.001% size and perhaps some would get away and like a year or two later some person will randomly get killed by an ant Thorpe wahahaha. That is all.

3 Likes

How’s everyone doing with the update?

1 Like

Everything is great except the expedition gold change which is a real shame, its too steep in my opinion.

The drops are much better, crafting rolls are way way better! salvaging is a bit better but havent got heaps of stuff to properly test it.

music is fun so yeah pretty happy so far

1 Like