Keen speed diminishing returns

• What is your character name in New World: r41

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Yggdrasil

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Keen Speed is somehow subjected to diminished returns. If you have a move speed buff on, It reduces the timer of keen speed but the full cooldown of keen speed stays.
    For instance, bow dodge gives 2 second haste for 10% because of 'Dodge and Weave"
    swapping to a bow gives 5 second haste for 10% because of ‘Archers Speed’
    If you are applying keen speed on a bow, it gives you 10 second usage and 10 second cd (so you can reapply it after exhaustion)

1. If however you are using dodge and weave then get keen speed proc’d
    you get 10-2 = 8 seconds of keen speed. (while the cooldown of keen speed remains 10 sec)
  2. If you are using Archers speed then get keen speed proc’d
    you get 10-2 = 8 seconds of keen speed. (while the cooldown of keen speed remains 10 sec)
  3. If you are using Archers Speed + Dodge and weave, then get keen speed proc’d
    you get 10-2-2 = 6 seconds of keen speed (while the cooldown of keen speed remains 10 sec)
    In essence, we have diminishing returns on movespeed buff based on how many haste buffs are active. This should be on crowd control abilities, not haste buffs. Even empower doesn’t work like this, which is beyond stupid. There are other threads, which highlight same issue but with keen speed and other weapon haste perks however none of them are resolved.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I bought a bow for 30k and now i am contemplating playing crab game instead.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: I think the mental damage is too intense to recover.

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: So you can play it then go on a vacation, come back and screw it up even more? Sure
    Here : https://medal.tv/games/new-world/clips/vhtGJSrhE-A2g/jhjr6nrzt6zv?invite=cr-MSxxS1csODEzODIyNDUs

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Chain keenspeed with any movement speed buff (which shows on bottom bar), Whichever gets applied before gets full duration. Other buff gets diminished returns based on how many are applied.

• When did this happen? been happening since diminishing returns got included. Now that keen speed is 10 seconds it was made more visible.

1 Like

Agreed. Bump

It’s not a bug, haste has diminishing returns

Why haste and not empower? Where is this communicated?
Whats the point of perks with haste then? There is no skill expression or creativity if chaining our buffs is going to screw up a player’s agency.

Idk, but it is

Dude…even with the DR, you can find combinations that make you move ridiculously fast. Keen speed + berserk is like flying.

I’m pretty sure they included it in the DR just so that people couldn’t abuse it with weapons that already have a lot of easily stackable haste , like rapiers(:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:)

Some passives however, like the bow and the musket haste passives aren’t effected by the DR no matter what because it’s coded that way.

Some passives however, like the bow and the musket haste passives aren’t effected by the DR no matter what because it’s coded that way.

I tested keen speed with bow^ in the video. DR’s apply to it.

I’m talking about the passive where you get haste from dodging and swapping.

Those ignore DR but Keen speed on the bow gets effected.

Mixed nuts had posted the code for it in another thread and it was coded as something like “ignorediminishingreturns”: true

that dodge and swap is differently coded.
run straight, dodge and swap to bow. you get 10% for 5 second, 10% for 2 second.
after 2 second expires, dodge again. This next ms buff will last for 1 second.
There is a lot of bad code which ignores design principles.