Kicked for being afk

Hey Guys I was just kicked for being AFK… but I wasn’t. Might want to look into that.

Same here. I was actively fishing then kicked for AFK.

It just happened again. Something ya’ll changed in this morning’s patch has messed up the AFK code, because yesterday I was able to fish for hours without this happening.

It’s funny because I, knowing that there are no longer queues, I leave my AFK character for long periods of time (more than 1 hour sometime while I was going out to do the shopping) and I have never been kicked nor have I received the warning, no macros or nothing, the character standing in a city and that’s it.

I’ve been kicked on my main account 4 times this morning. Two times while actively fighting mobs to come back DEAD. My storage alt account was kicked once while I was also actively trading to my main account.

Just happened to me also. Had just cast my line when I was kicked for being afk.

It’s now been 9 times this morning for my main account. Yet when I was actually afk for about 30 minutes, I didn’t get kicked.

This should probably be posted in the Bugs & Explots section of the forum. I don’t see any posts on this issues in there.
That said, I would guess that this is somehow connected to the new AFK Detection Solution, which is being rolled out over time. Another guess would be that part of today’s maintainence had something to do with just that.

Just happened again.

Just FYI, see this bug report: Kicked while im Fishing

How did this get past the QA team?

Placing things in the market for an extended time, kicked.
Fishing for an extended time in one location, kicked.
Crafting for an extended time in one location, kicked.

Greetings Adventurers!

We are rolling out a change to our AFK detection system to address reports of players erroneously kicked from the world, like while you are browsing the Trading Post in Everfall for the perfect set of boots. There is no downtime related to this release, and it is not intrusive to your gameplay. As the change rolls out to all regions, we will be watching for any potential issues that may arise, and are prepared to revert changes if needed.

We are targeting all worlds to have this change deployed by Yesterday 11:15 PM

Once again, there will be no downtime related to this release.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.