Known Issues - November Incomplete/inaccurate description FOC scaling

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Nightbolt
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Cantahar, just transferred to Valhalland not re-tested
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: The original problem has been reported previously by other players. The known issues list has an entry stating : " The attribute sheet UI does not update weapon damage for scaling off of intelligence or focus instead of primary attributes." This is not just an UI issue, we have tested this in a pvp (target dummy) and a duel situation. In both cases the actual damage done corresponds to the values listed in the UI, thus the UI is actually reporting the scaling attributed to focus correctly. The real problem is the scaling itself. Adding 20 focus points produced a 2 point damage increase. Using the primary stats as a guide, we expected a 20-40 point damage increase.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Amber gems on weapons are useless and it makes it impossible to use any other weapon effectively and still maintain a healer/life staff build. I have abandoned my life staff until this issue is fixed.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: There have been extensive detailed videos already posted on this issue. I am posting this in insure that teh may issue is addressed and not considered an “UI” discrepancy that is not significant. If this error is acknowledged by the developers as a valid issue, the description in know issues should be changed to something like " * The weapon damage off intelligence or focus instead of primary attributes does scale correctly."
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: I tested using focus as the scaling attribute.
  1. Use a ranged weapon with an amber gem and no primary stat for the weapon (a bow with all con). Begin the test using no gear or all con gear (no focus). Respec so that you have no stats at all. Get a base damage value using the test dummy. Confirm the test dummy values in a duel using both the damage reported done and by the healthbar value of the person being dueled. Add focus (no dex) preferably through gear to increase the value of focus. Re-test using the target dummy and dueling. Once you have completed the test using focus, repeat the test using dex and compare the scaling.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.