Lag Detected followed by Stuck Character "Time since last response:" until disconnect

Bump this thread to the moon everyone.

3 Likes

I have the same issue. I got Lag Detected, after restart I’m stuck and can’t move. Input Latency = 0
Chat works fine.

1 Like

somehow magicaly it works now for me …
did 2 feedbacks in game
and live chat with amazon support

2 Likes

glad to hear its finally working for you
wish the rest of us luck <3

1 Like

Another update from me:

I am talking to AmazonGame support right now who appears to be more helpful than the last one I had spoke to yesterday.
He had me delete my character and is restoring it to see if that resolves the issue.

Fingers crossed.

Did it work? I’m waiting for support guy and it should be in few mins.

1 Like

I’m currently in que to find out if it worked. I’m at 1,000 remaining so I’ll update once I am connected.

1 Like

This and more is what exactly what I am dealing with. I have been stuck like this for hours now. I been documenting and researching a lot. I have placed all my logs here on google sheets.

Maybe my documentation can help?
Google Sheets Document - Lag Detected and Freeze Error logs

1 Like

Great info here for a dev to look over for sure. Thanks for adding to the info for us.

1 Like

Due to documentation - I have recorded everything I did before first LAG.
I created new character on different server and it’s playable - it’s something with this one character/server for sure.

2 Likes

I been reaching out on twitter, reddit, and talked to someone from customer service. Found this page from the ticket they sent me because they couldn’t help me there. They needed to research it more. Meanwhile I am like, I JUST GAVE YOU ALL THE INFORMATION XD. I tend to go overboard when I am really into something. My gf thinks its hilarious I created all that documentation for a game.

1 Like

Good for you bro.
Was your server maybe restarted for any kind of maintenance?

I have exactly same issue, and feels like i get it more often where theres alot of players. And On tuesday i had the Lag Detected only once at late time during day. The Wednesday i got about 5x and now today i got about 10+ so annoying + the queues.

Haha yeah it’s pretty extensive, but props for going the extra mile. I’m still crossing my fingers that deleting my character and restoring solves my problem but I’m not holding my breath. I feel like a server restart would solve it given there’s some network related issue happening, but who knows when they’ll do that again for my server.

1 Like

It’s interesting how this Lag Detected issue is affecting people very differently. Some are able to play for a period of time before they’re affected by it, and can eat the long que to get some play time in again. I on the other hand, have been actually unable to even move at all ever since the issue arose. I hope that if I am able to play that I am not trading off one bad bug for another.

Could you tell me where is the game log file? Found only crash log. :frowning:

1 Like

I noticed when looking at the game logs I found these 2 errors almost every time.

[ERROR] ClientSDK: Failed to unmarshal message: num_bytes=37, type=B17946984E434968A9EAC5E0A83E12A7
[Info] (AZCore): [Rendering] Present failed, error code -2005270523. Attempting to recover…

Any possible chance you can see your logs from first time it happened and we can compare? I am very curious.

Your logs would be C:\Users\PROFILE NAME\AppData\Local\AGS\New World\LogBackups

Would be in your AppData\Local\AGS\New World\LogBackups folder.
For example mine would look like this.

C:\Users\STIGGLES\AppData\Local\AGS\New World\LogBackups

You will see all the game logs of when you started the game and logged off. Open them in notepad and scroll all the way to bottom.

1 Like

Yes I’ve got it already. Thanks.

I bet this is the reason of our cases:
<2021-10-01 00:16:42.859>: [Info]: [ERROR] ClientSDK: Failed to unmarshal message: num_bytes=37, type=B17946984E434968A9EAC5E0A83E12A7

2 Likes

DayOfJustice messaged me the same error and we all have the same thing.

Thank you for looking into your logs and comparing!

1 Like