LAG War exploit needs fix NOW

This is exploit that lost us our war and made our siege ineffective to counter their zerg.

I have shotcalled numerous (10+) wars in this game, 4 now since launch, and have never seen the lag/exploit this bad, and thats including the beta which they “fixed” since then.

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

• What is your character name in New World: TheKdog

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Themiscyra

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: War lag exploit using ice storm aoe to make point/instance lag out. Made our cannon fire disappear as it got to point, negating LVL 3 defensive explosive cannons and making them not register 90% of the time.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Exploit

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Cannon and seige equipment shots would disappear approaching point and not register. It made us lose our war. If you cant use seige equipment on defense then you will lose. Whats the point of having max emplacements and max cannons if they do nothing.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Whole vod of war on ttv:kdog starting at 2 hrs in of 10/6. Have clips showing how our siege was made ineffective and getting no reg’s, including a clip shared with me from other side of the battle showing that this was intentional through comms they were getting.

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Ice gauntlet mass aoe essentially puts up a lag barrier that makes impossible for siege damage to regiser and for our troops to do anything against them.

As I said above, this needs a fix NOW. I knew the lag was bad but didnt know the extent of hits not registering until post war and watching other creators streams.

When the other marauders on the server(not the company exploiting) reach out to me saying that I shouldn’t have lost the war, and that we were exploited against and we all should start compiling evidence showing to report it, you know its bad. We want enjoyable wars where you get outplayed or strategized, not this.

I love this game, I love the war mechanic, and it’s the main focus of endgame control for now… and this will ruin that if it gets out/continues past this first week. Please fix this asap.

102 Likes

Yea the ice gauntlet lag exploit makes wars unplayable, as seen in those clips in the referenced forum post by OP. Anyone in the immediate area of the stacked AOEs just stops moving on everyone else’s screen. You can’t shoot into them, you cant target anyone, actually just unplayable, and the frozen enemy players are sitting there still capping the point. Even worse while the siege equipment cant shoot into the lag storm, the ice gauntlet AOEs are still going off and doing damage. It’s a massive problem and has already killed the game for a lot of the people on my server.

5 Likes

Referred to this in the following Post :

Actual game-breaking issue.

3 Likes

I feel like this should be a top fix for the dev teams. To the point of an emergency downtime/hotfix or something. I am not sure what sort of actions can be taken to reverse territory taken via exploits, but that should also be done. Also, shouldnt actions be taken against teams using said exploits for breaking TOS?

3. Play fair

Do: play within the rules of the game.

Do not: exploit bugs or other unintended uses of game features.

10 Likes

We need a response on this.

In my server (Hubur - SA), two settlements were lost because of this stupid lag. Siege weapons are horrible against this and aiming is impossible.

Urgent fix, ffs.

3 Likes

Please title your post correctly. This is not an exploit.

2 Likes

Abusing a bug like this could certainly be considered an exploit

6 Likes

Yeah, just witnessed Marauders under the company SWEET use this in Restless Shores on same server. Almost all players on other side were AoE and just stacked up on the point while invincible because of their lag armor. Players literally just frozen in place from our perspective.

4 Likes

I only saw maybe 6-7 healers with the vast majority of folks stacking AoE in one area. It was very intentional. If they were trying to do damage it wouldn’t have been stacked in 1 specific area slightly off point.

3 Likes

Obviously in this case they’re literally saying “make them lag”. But that doesn’t mean everyone who uses AoE on the point in war are exploiting.

1 Like

Yesterday we lost a battle on Rocabarra due to this exploit and it was maddening. I enjoy a good fight no matter if I lose or win, but we couldn’t do anything, that was not a fight. We made no damage and had no option. They didn’t even bother to mount siege engines.

I spent the afternoon on faction quests looking for new equipment thinking on the exciting incoming battle, and finally all become just bad players jeopardizing the game I loved until yesterday. Today they will come to Windsguard. We will not be there.

9 Likes

Sorry to hear that. It is a shame that the most important thing in the game is so broken. What is the sense of leveling and farming if you can’t fight fairly for your own space? If someone can use a glitch to completely ruin your game experience?

1 Like

Ya, most of my company are already looking into finding a different game to play. Some will stay and get Max level and maybe pve, but I think most of us are done with territory pvp until this gets fixed or we quit.

1 Like

Rocabarra server, 1 day after your post, purples lost 3 defenses in 24h to desync.
purples had 5 settlement 3 days after launch, got attacked everyday, won every battle -
Until yesterday.
How can the server recover from this exploit?

1 Like

up

Syndicate lost another territory because of this on Rocabarra.

Here is a war from the defending standpoint.

2 Likes

@darkbicin sounds like you’re crying about his post.

Yea, we just had it happen during our last war. Out of no where literally almost everyone was standing still or hardly moving and they just took every point and nothing you can really do with that kind of server lag.

3 Likes

What server and factions?

No im telling him to stop whining. His faction/company have done nothing but bitch in Global and Area chat about it and accusing people of using cheats. He is blaming people instead of blaming amazon for a mode that requires 70+ people to stack on a point to be broken.

1 Like