LAG War exploit needs fix NOW

Wow, these are obviously the words of a great leader and a superb human been, someone to proudly call boss.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but did you watch all the twitch clips? In the second clip the marauders shot caller litterally said AOEs AOEs make em lag make em lag. They were intentionally exploiting with lag this was very much an exploit

8 Likes

That’s what I said. Right here

1 Like

Exactly. Abuse of a flaw in the system is an exploit. Sadly this happened on my server, Elaea. We are now being dominated by greens because of this and we did not catch on at first till it was too late.

5 Likes

Another example: NW Reekwater PerlaNera siege lag exploit - YouTube

4 Likes

This happened again on 10/9 on NA East ~ Nunne Chaha in Mourningdale. Cov used the IG exploit to lag out each point costing us the zone.

Every war on the server before this was fair

This exploit needs to be resolved and those that suffered a loss cause of it need to be compensated or given the territory back.

If they can’t win fairly and have to resort to game-breaking mechanics to do so it isn’t fair to the other side defending

5 Likes

Omegalul

it is indeed an exploit. Did you ever watch the attached clips? Calls like “make em lag” are showing that this EXPLOIT is well known. So dont tell us its not an Exploit…

3 Likes

That’s what I said. Right here

bump

You can also see this happening on the Abaton server.

Everfall, which was one of the most upgraded forts on our server filled with level 60’s was lost real quick, so we went to the Streamer that is leading the company, to find that they walked over the captures without any issues because it so happened it lagged out when they had majority on the cap.

I can’t clip due to preferences, but 2 hours 17 minutes here: Twitch

The Grimz Squad/Legion or whatever their company name is ingame, also managed to capture Reekwater in a war that didn’t even last 9 minutes - without a worry they just walk over every war. I’m too lazy to find the VOD of that war, but according to friends who were in that war it was the exact same scenario.

I don’t speak Turkish, so I’m unable to tell if their siege leader told them to lag the server or how they coordinated it, but whatever it was, was perfectly timed.

1 Like

Do you really not understand that both sides are experiencing problems in a siege? You say the “bug” is to send 50 people to the point to make the server freeze. But what solutions can you suggest if the essence of the siege is to put more people on the flag than the enemy?

Its not an exploit, its amazon servers problem. And now we must fight in that conditions, cause we have`nt another.

3 Likes

This is a common exploit.

I have seen this done in other games where they would use a group made up of high visual AoE types. It basically DDOS both the server and the enemy players. The information sent back to the ones dropping the AoE is much smaller so while they are experiencing some lag it is no where near to the amount of the victim side.

The person dropping the AoE is only getting the damage feedback and information of the enemies in their AoE. The person getting hit with the AoE is getting feedback from multiple AoEs and visuals and has to send that information back tot he attacker. The server tries to interpret all the information it can but ends up cutting out a lot of information like cannon shots shot from long range.

I was with a group that tested this in WoW and we had 40 people drop AoEs on or near a group we were communicating with. We had some lag with some frame lag while the group we tried it on either froze or crashed and the server had a fit phasing in and out NPCs.

Person in AoE attacked by 40 people has to send information to 40 people on the damage he/she takes and what actions is taken so 40+40=80. The attacker sends down 1 AoE and hits 40 people so 1+40=41.

2 Likes

This is an exploit because one side is exploiting the fact that there are amazon server problems.
They know that if they all get on a point and drop AOE that server’s will die, so they do it.

Using a more common ‘exploit’ example, if there was a way to get max gold in a minute, then is that an exploit or ‘amazon code problems’? Exactly.

5 Likes

What do you suggest? Don’t attack? Don’t use AOE?

1 Like

There is no one answer that will satisfy anyone.

Purposely sending all your groups to one objective and having them spam the ice gauntlet AOE skill (which I believe is the biggest offender), is definitely not the way to go.

I participated in ~7 wars now, and didn’t encounter this issue when the war was played out without everyone going to one objective and spamming AOE all at the same time.
From this I can assume that this won’t occur often during organic war, it is something that will happen by pure accident or on purpose.

3 Likes

pls fix

2 Likes

fix it pls for god sake

1 Like

Hai, this is pretty big and sad. Faction is abusing it :<

1 Like

Fix this. Are abusing this bug on the Alatyr server.

2 Likes