Large Amount of Additional Money in Company Treasury

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here

To report a player or company for Code of Conduct violations, please do so here

• What is your character name in New World: Buttercup

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Orofena

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Treasury balance doubled.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Not sure if I can use this money. Couldn’t find anything in patch notes about being compensated (for missing property tax or otherwise).

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Logged into game after the recent patch and the money was there. We do own a territory. I’ve only discussed it with one other governor, who had the additional gold and is also a territory owner,

1 Like

Hey @Buttercup,

They said they were going to do a make good after taxes from housing went missing for about 2 weeks. You may not have noticed the money go missing (My server did)

Did you previously own a territory, Is it possible that this is the make good?
My company also had reimbursement so could be that?

We would have only lost 50-100k, not 500k

Thank you for the report! I’ve forwarded it to the team for further investigation.

@Buttercup

i’m betting they accidentally gave everyone 10 X the proper compensation amount again

snitches get stitches!

Just kidding + 1 def seems to be server wide

Hey there! Thanks for the report, I just got information from the team about it and while I posted it in Official News (linked here: [Downtime] February 13th, 2022 / February 14th, 2022 - #3 by Luxendra), I’ll post the information I received below:

For any company that lost money from housing taxes from February 3rd to February 13th, the team has released a make-good during the February Monthly Release to return coin to those companies. You will find it in the company wallet.

As appreciation for your patience while we delivered this make-good, you should receive amounts that are a bit higher than what you had lost due to this bug.

3 Likes

I dont think this was intentional?

Similar thing happened to a company I was in. They received 900,000+. The company would not have made anywhere near that in 10 days taxes. It seems like they received 10x or 100x the compensation amount they should have.

This was on an EU server. Sounds very familiar to the EU compensation issue we had before were they gave players 100x the amount they should have.

so you give them 1m coins, really? is no guild in this game with this amount in treasury.

Company had 20k. Received 880k for Weavers Fen compensation.

Something was wrong in the compensation amounts.

I’ve seen so many companies speaking up about getting significantly more than they would have earned through housing taxes. I think AGS is lying here and saying it’s intentional just so that they don’t look bad.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.