Latency Issue since December

My Latency has increased from 130-150ms up to 180-220 since the December update. Does anyone manage to fix this issue? its been several months, support is unable to help me

Hello @RMY

We are glad to have you here with us. I do apologize for the latency issue you are experiencing.

Please check the troubleshootings listed on the AGS support page for connectivity issues.

If you’re still having problems, we need you to contact AGS customer support (Contact Us | Amazon Games) to create a support ticket and review your case in more depth.

Please make sure to add the DxDiag and Gamelogs through a sharing link from a Cloud Storage like Google Drive to the support report; instructions for generating a DXdiag:

Game logs can be found on:

\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\AGS\New World\CrashDB\reports\

If you need further assistance in any other issue please don’t hesitate in reaching us again!

Wish you the best and a nice week.

RMY what server region are you playing on? And where are you located?

I already did those things, I was informed by cs team that they already submitted my case to technical team

I play on Australia Region, and I’m from the Philippines

Hi Kexxelon,

My RTT in-game was around 180ms

Upon checking Resouce Monitor I found out that its the same latency with a US IP (52.218.137.129) is 182ms

My latency to Sydney (3.105.203.17) is only at 122ms

I just want to ask why is it my In-game latency is showing that im connecting to US instead of Sydney? Please help

Regards,
RMY

Hello @RMY,

Thank you for following up on this post. Please note your ISP or network may redirect your connection in several ways and that may indeed cause what you are seeing and the error you are getting.

While your ticket is being looked into on our end, I also suggest talking to your ISP and determining if there are any settings they can check on their end.

Good luck! :wolf:

Hello,

I manage to reduce my latency from 200ms to 180ms by using paid vpn, but it is still too high for PVP. I’m still getting hit even when my screen is showing that im 3 meters away from the enemy.

My PVP experience prior to December update was still far better, were I only had 130 to 150ms latency.

I just want to follow up on my issue.

that why we need sea server

3 Likes

After several attempts to get help from Customer Support, this was the final note I got

• "I’d recommend connecting to the closest region they can and trying there. It should significantly reduce the ping for them.

• The team is working on improving the performance all the time but since it’s been going on for a year for the player then I’d guess that it’s much more likely that it’s a problem on their side!"

I’m doomed, I guess I won’t be getting help anywhere with my problem, even paid VPN is not enough.

My only chance is SEA SERVER…

SEA SERVER PLEASE!!!

1 Like

I just want to add that when I try other games hosted to Australia (CS:GO), I’m only getting 145ms, which is within 130-150ms im getting in New World, prior to December update