Launch Error - Product Information not found

Greetings Adventurers!

If you receive the following error message “Product information not found” when attempting to launch New World.

If you encounter this error, you may be able to resolve it by turning IPv6 off:

1. From the Start/Windows Menu, select settings.
  2. Select Network and Internet.
  3. In the Status section, under change your network settings, select "Change adapter options.
  4. When the Network Connections window opens, right click your network connection.
  5. Select properties.
  6. Scroll to Internet Protocol version 6.
  7. Uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TPC/IPv6) box.
  8. Select OK to save your changes for the selected network adapter.
  9. Try launching the game again.

Should you still encounter this error and are on a Windows Preview Insider build, please roll back to a stable build of Windows 10, as we are not currently supporting Windows Insider Builds.

Safe travels in Aeternum!!

8 Likes

I would like to mention that this fix worked for me as well, without being on a preview insider build. I am on OS build 19043.1110 and was getting this error. I originally ignored this because I am not on a preview build, but this fix worked for me on a stable build as well.

3 Likes

I did what they wrote and I still can’t get in. :frowning:

4 Likes

So didnt have the setting checked. Am i just screwed lol

1 Like

@J_Huep, I am encountering the same error, except the game was working perfectly last night. After the patch today, this happened.
Have followed all steps including reinstalling game and running as admin.
OS build is not insider.

er… never mind… rebooted my router and it has mysteriously fixed itself…

2 Likes

Worked for me.

1 Like

or
if you have more than one wifi router, try another, my spectrum wifi had the error but my
Mercku Hive M2 Mesh wifi did not

I am encountering the same issue: I have played New World for days without issues… Now I can’t launch the game.
I did not get any windows updates, my network did not change…
I tried all suggestions, but I cannot connect…
Any other solutions? As I do not understand why I have been able to play for days, but cannot launch the game now…

3 Likes

Restarting my PC helped fix this issue for me.

Still having issues?

• For windows 10

Try deleting the appdata folders for the game it can be found in the following locations:
C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\AGS
C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\AGS
the shortcut to your folder is %appdata%

if you are using a VPN (OpenVPN tested) you will get this error so turn off the VPN while logging in and creating a char then switch it back on when connecting to the relm [only needed if you cant play otherwise] like a bad network setup that is outside of your control that blocks ports.

nothing Worked… even updated windows and nothing…
done the network thing too and still dont work. like the fuck.

I would suggest to check the log of the game if you’re receiving the error, this would be much more informative and may help you to determine which way to fix the problem.

Check the following log and share some details:
C:\Users[UserName]\AppData\Local\AGS\New World\Game.log

I would suggest to rename the existing .log file and then run the game to get a fresh log and then check the details.
Try to check what are the lines that comes after the following line:
[Info]: Client config override file not found: @assets@/ClientOverride.json
What comes after this line may suggest where potentially could be the issue.
*(Note) For my understanding the game loads the .json information straight to the memory and parse it from there.

For example someone has this problem and I found that the game simply was unable to communicate to a specific URL which should include a .json file which includes additional details for the connectivity.

(I hope this information could help the developers to further understand the issue)

If anyone has this issue, please share some information from the log so we would be able to determine if all of us encountering the same problem for this specific error.

Ok, bro. But I use IPv6 in my home network. This solution work, but I want to play the game with the IPv6 activated. And I play the Beta normally with the same system and IPv6 activated… Why?

<2021-09-28 23:50:26.683>: [Info]: Client config override file not found: @assets@/ClientOverride.json
<2021-09-28 23:50:26.741>: [Info] (AZCore): [Game] Steam Initialized!
<2021-09-28 23:50:26.741>: [Info] (AZCore): [Game] Using remote config: true
<2021-09-28 23:50:26.741>: [Info] (AZCore): [Game] Steam Utils obtained? true
<2021-09-28 23:50:26.741>: [Info] (AZCore): [Game] Using Steam App ID: 1063730
<2021-09-28 23:50:26.742>: [Info]: Channel service uri: https://d2c74t4zimux3r.cloudfront.net/STEAM_APP_ID.1063730.json
<2021-09-28 23:50:26.823>: [Info]: Channel Service data provider: Could not make request, Attempt: 1.
<2021-09-28 23:50:26.875>: [Info]: Channel Service data provider: Could not make request, Attempt: 2.
<2021-09-28 23:50:26.927>: [Info]: Channel Service data provider: Could not make request, Attempt: 3.
<2021-09-28 23:50:26.979>: [Info]: Channel Service data provider: Could not make request, Attempt: 4.
<2021-09-28 23:50:27.031>: [Info]: Channel Service data provider: Could not make request, Attempt: 5.
<2021-09-28 23:50:27.031>: [Info]: Channel Service data provider: There was a problem parsing the response body:

This is after deleting the AGS folders, and turning off IPv6. I omitted the URI because it’s already been posted.

<2021-09-29 04:45:25.010>: [Info]: Channel Service data provider: Unexpected response code: 403, Attempt: 0.
<2021-09-29 04:45:25.091>: [Info]: Channel Service data provider: Unexpected response code: 403, Attempt: 1.
<2021-09-29 04:45:25.172>: [Info]: Channel Service data provider: Unexpected response code: 403, Attempt: 2.
<2021-09-29 04:45:25.256>: [Info]: Channel Service data provider: Unexpected response code: 403, Attempt: 3.
<2021-09-29 04:45:25.342>: [Info]: Channel Service data provider: Unexpected response code: 403, Attempt: 4.
<2021-09-29 04:45:25.342>: [Info]: Channel Service data provider: There was a problem parsing the response body:

@chiyochan666 you’re encountering the same issue that I encountered with someone else, seems like the game is unable to make a request - No proper solution yet, sorry. If anything will come up I’ll update.

@jyllian seems like you’re getting quite different error here, 403 (Forbidden).
Can you try to navigate to the URI (in the browser) that you see in the log and check that you’re able to download the file?

@p1ngu1m Just curious to know, whenever you’re trying to ping yourself using your hostname, do you receive a response that includes IPv6 or IPv4?
Open CMD type hostname, copy the hostname and type ping [HostName]
Regardless to that, try to do the following:

1. Open RegEdit (Using administrator)
  2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters\
  3. On the right pane: Right click → New → Dword (32-bit) Value and name it: DisabledComponents
  4. Right click on DisabledComponents and ‘Modify’ it.
  5. In the ‘Value Data’ type 20 and make sure you’re set to Hexadecimal.
  6. Click OK, and restart your computer.

This action makes IPv4 preferred over IPv6, and it’s not disabling IPv6
After the restart I’d suggest to check that the game works and to make sure that you’re able to communicate with your network devices over IPv6.
Hope it works.

4 Likes

that worked for me. thank you so much!