Legendary Fishing Pole Quest

So, I set my sights on grinding the fishing quest line to get the legendary fishing pole. For those that don’t know, it’s a fishing quest line all over Aeternium that rewards a 600 GS legendary fishing pole.

PROBLEM: I got it, and it’s utter trash. I’ll post a picture when I get home. But, either way, I will NEVER, even if you paid me, use that trash fishing pole. The perks on it are worse than most T3 fishing poles.

WHY THIS IS A PROBLEM ( in my eyes anyway): The quest is somewhat long and drawn out. It requires a ton of traveling, and takes a bit of time. The reward should reflect this. I understand that it’s still a legendary, but my 509 fishing pole blows the 600 GS legendary away. It’s so bad, I almost salvaged it out of disgust.

FIX: I don’t know how to fix this with the current way loot is controlled. You could possibly give a choice between a few different poles, depending on your fishing focus.

I just know, I was super excited to finally get to 100 and complete the quest for the pole only to be utterly dejected once I opened that chest. That entire quest line and the time it took to complete it is now completely wasted, and I have nothing to show for it but some fish and lvl 100 fishing skill.

That’s one problem with stats on these things being left up to RNJesus. I wouldn’t expect it to have both Lucky IIIs (day and night) and both salt and fresh water Colossus IIIs but it should certainly wind up better than a good Ironwood craft.

Updated to show off the really poopy pole!

There are actually more lucks. You can get:
Fishing colossus (1, 2 or 3)
Freshwater/saltwater colossus (1, 2 or 3)
Daytime/nighttime colossus (1, 2 or 3)
Lucky waters (1, 2 or 3)
Lucky day/night (1, 2 or 3)
personally I haven’t yet seen the fishing colossus or lucky waters perks on fishing rods

They are pre-determined. You get 1 of a few select/specific fishing poles. and all of them are pretty much junk.

1 Like

If that truly is the case, then that quest needs to be rethought…

Thank goodness it’s trash. I’m spending my whole life trying to get 200 ENG, and fishing poles are the only thing I currently make that sell (ok, some other tools too). I can sell a Lucky3/Lucky3 fishing pole for 1-5k depending on the other stats.

Nobody would ever buy a fishing pole, ever, if the Legendary one was the best in the game.

Understandable, but it definitely shouldn’t be utter trash either.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.