Lets talk about SEA Server

Hey everyone, I will try to make this post as short as possible, with that… lets just cut to the chase.
I’ve been playing on AP server for the longest time now, i’ve also tried going to Devaloka in SA, and Drytree in EU. and as a SEA player, i can definitely say that the ping in AP works better for me.
This is my ping on a good day
now, as you can see. on a good day i can have 130-135 ping, and on a bad day i can have 140-145 ping. What about war? sometimes about 150, on a spike about 180-190.
Now how does this affect me? imagine yourself playing with a hatchet. you hit someone and the sound procs, but the game did not register the hit. or have you ever been so laggy before that when you swing your great axe, the swing is in slow motion?
thats the kind of issue SEA players are having right now.

I have spent about 3k+ hours on this game, explored all its contents, pvp / pve, and I can tell you for sure that SEA players need a SEA Server.
why is that? because to be brutally honest, it is very unfair to SEA Players that wants to explore the PVP content to its maximum capabilty without a good ping. we are unable to play a certain weapon like hatchet + vg, spear + bows, or any kind of combination close to that. we are struggling with iframes and registering a hit because at war, we’re playing with 180 ping. thats almost 0.2 seconds, and 0.2 seconds is all a GAMER needs to iframe.

not to mention about the PVE content where the soldiers in Genesis Mutation magically shockwaves you out of nowhere without a glimpse of noticeable indication of using a skill. most of us are just dead on the ground before we could react.
Commanders in invasion are basically a truck-kun who will undoubtedly smack the living holy spirit out of you and bring you to isekai even when you dodge in 150 ping. just because your dodges didn’t get registered.
you can’t even play void gauntlet with void blade, because the range is too short. its only applicable in dungeons because the mobs are easy to hit.

I was having a lot of fun with playing spear / rapier, bow / spear, musket / bow, mage IG / VG, FS / IG. in general. but can’t do them anymore and forced to transition into a bruiser or a tank, just because i don’t have what it takes to iframe, i can’t even enjoy light armor that much because of the ping.

the wartimes for us are also very unfriendly, some of the players from NZ have 4-5 hours difference to SEA players, and AUS players have 3 hours difference. when they set the war at 7 PM. thats like 4 P.M for us, most of us aren’t even finished with our jobs, college, or some other stuffs that we have in real life. when we set the timer to 11 PM, some of the NZ players can’t join the war because most of them should be asleep already. this is bad for both of us because thats one of the only things we can’t magically control.

If bychance we get a SEA Server, i can say for sure that a lot of SEA players will move to that server and a lot of players who stopped playing the game will come back to the game. we will have a SEA community where SEA players are able to play the game, and have fun with the pvp or pve content just because they can play with 20-50 ping.
Rather than just making another AUS server because our population is over-crowded, why don’t we just separate the SEA players with the AUS / NZ players. its a totally win-win situation.
SEA players could be half of the population on AP, maybe even more. It won’t make the server dead because they’ll still have 1k players logging in regularly. And even if the devs are afraid that the AUS server dies because of the lacking population, it is totally unfair to keep the majority of the players play in a high latency server when they can have a low latency server.
in all honesty, I would rather pick a server where i can play with 20-50 ping with 1000 population than a server with 130 ping that has 2000 players

EDIT

Now that there’s a pretty big queue, we can definitely say that Delos is pretty crowded and could potentially be broken down into two servers if this keeps up. rather than doing that, i would love if AGS considers this SEA server idea.

please think about this. we just wanna play the game. #JusticeForSEAPlayers

72 Likes

+100000 I’m so keen for SEA server

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Summon SEA SERVER ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

11 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

we need asian server or sea server

4 Likes

4 Likes

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 召唤 SEA 服务器 ༼ つ

7 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

Uploading: Screenshot (754).png…

6 Likes

I don’t want you guys to get a server I like playing with SEA players on oce :frowning:

5 Likes

4 Likes

I play from India and I can relate to this so badly. I have consistent 200+ ping due to which I gave up playing pvp. Lately, I have tried doing it, I play bow/rapier, it’s not good, people vanish at times, I get huge lag spikes

8 Likes

I am not from that region, but AGS should know, that you don’t need 2000 players on a server to make it work, so if currently the only AP server is peaking at around 2000, splitting them in two wouldn’t necessairly make the original server dead.
I had some of the best times on server with 900 peak players actually.

6 Likes

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Summon SEA SERVER ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽ つ

5 Likes

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Summon SEA SERVER ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽ つ1

4 Likes

3 Likes

get all the SEA people to come in here and make noise about it, Right now it looks like only 14 people want a SEA server, There is 0 point opening a server for 14 people.

Maybe if you had 3-4k SEA people post on this thread you may get some traction.

3 Likes

Im all for SEA server but according to my 170-190 ping game experience the hatchet part is over exaggerated

4 Likes

4 Likes