Life Staff and Lumberyard Crash

• What is your character name in New World: Agelaius
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Xibalba
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Game crashes while using a life staff and gives a Lumberyard error message.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Game crashed to desktop and an error report was generated, which I submitted. Had to get back in queue line.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, game crashed to desktop with an error message.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

error msg

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Seems to be random while casting or attacking using a life staff. Had no issues on Launch day and Launch day +1. First crash occurred late Thursday (Sept. 30) evening eastern time (did not log back into game after crash given the queue times). Crashed twice on Friday (October 1) after approximately 20 minutes of gameplay. With queue times, I gave up trying to log back in.
7 Likes

This same issue is affecting me, I was able to narrow down the actions to reproduce, listed below along with my info.

• What is your character name in New World: Azarch
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Atvatabar
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Game client crash, Lumberyard Error dialog box opens.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Game crashed to desktop and an error report was generated, which I submitted. Had to get back in queue line. This has happened 6-8 times.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, game crashed to desktop with an error message.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: (same dialog box as OP)
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Equip life staff, use targetable heal, engage scroll wheel to change targets. Though there was some variation in the time it took to get the game to crash, these three actions preceded every one of my 6-8 crashes (all of which got reported via the automated report system, by the way).
1 Like

The same issue here too!

Character name: MarcAntoni
Server: Olmypus
Issue: Game client crash, Lumberyard Error box with message: (SafePtr) - Attempting to dereference a null ptr
Bug or Exploit: Bug

Same here as well.

Same issue here

This can be easily repro’ed, just go into a populated area ( any settlement should work ), cast a targeted heal, and just mouse scroll back and forth across PC’s in your area and it will crash eventually with the above null ptr message.

Just got the same bug.

It was already the case in the beta as well, with the exact same error.

Still having those kind of crashes while having 2+hrs queues in baffling.

Please fix this ASAP.

So I am using an EVGA XC3 RTX 3080TI, I’ve noticed that it hits really high temps while playing New World. i enabled the FPS limiter to 60FPS. When I did this, I played the entire evening yesterday after the adjustment without the crash happening again. Was it a fluke? Maybe. I will continue playing today and see if the issue is avoided, if so, tomorrow, I will disable the limiter and play and see fi the crash occurs again.

Well I just crashed and its not the FPS limiter. I do now realize, a pattern though. It has been happening when rapidly scrolling up or down in CHAT or Trade Post Listings. Can anyone confirm this?

mismo error, arreglen este bug por el amor de dios!

Life Staff - mouse scroll targeting causes the same crash error for me.
This occurs when you scroll through targets too quickly. I use a Logitech MX Master mouse, which has a free-spinning (infinite), hyper fast mouse wheel.

Does it have anything to do with people in PVP? I have never ran into this Error until today and I targeted someone (jokingly because I didn’t think it would heal them while they are dueling) and that’s when I got the crash

I have wondered about that as well, Luesael. It does seem to happen more when there are a lot of people around and often times with pvp flagged people; however, I have had the crash occur when I did not notice anyone else around.

I have the same issue, I posted a method on the forums that reproduces the crash

See: forum post link

1 Like

Has this issue been resolved?

I have not seen anything official about this particular issue. The update notes for the last patch did not mention a fix if I remember correctly.

This has still not been fixed as of today, I continue to only use non-targeted healing limiting the abilities I can choose to only 4.

Had this at the start of the very first and only war i participated in, never in expeditions, so i guess it might be tied to the number of potential targets ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.