Life Staff "Shared Protection" perk is inheriting no stat scaling, no perks, and overwriting the stronger version of the buff

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Sappocat

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Macaria

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: The Life Staff perk “shared protection” is actively detrimental, because it inherits no scaling or perks whatsoever.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: dramatically weakens Life Staff healing power

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: n/a

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

Using a Life Staff, talent Orb of Protection and Protector’s Blessing (the heal over time effect). Then take other talents on the other side of the protector tree in order to reach Glowing Focus, the talent that extends buff durations. Shoot the orb at your feet; you will be healed and recieve a Recovery buff that lasts 12 seconds, and a Fortify buff that lasts for 24. If you then take damage, the Recovery buff will restore a normal amount of health depending on buffs or perks- 50-80 for me depending on buffs, stats, etc.

Then add the talent Shared Protection (and Aegis, but it has no impact on the bug). Now, if you are at full health, and cast the orb at your own feet, you will still receive the full power, extended duration Recovery.

However, if you are damaged when you place the orb on yourself, or cast the orb on someone else and heal them, you will receive an unimproved version of Recovery and Fortify, lasting only 10 seconds and 20 seconds respectively. It does not count as a buff “cast” by you, so it recieves no scaling and does not benefit from your talents. It thus heals for only the base 12/tick, a negligible amount, and what’s worse, these weak buffs will overwrite the much stronger Recovery effect the actual orb was supposed to apply to you. Thus the Shared Protection talent is an actively bad talent that hurts Protection life staff gameplay significantly. In order to effectively use Orb on self, this talent has to be skipped.

3 Likes

I’m glad I found this in here, confirming I’m experiencing this also

Bumping because this bug still exists after todays patch and life staff received yet another nerf for the sake of game performance with Blissful Touch. Bend Light and Intensify are also screwing with the healing and are unusable talents. I’m thinking about not even using the weapon because it just feels bad to use at this point with how bugged it is, please fix the game guys! XDDD

There is something very bad going on certainly. I’m not sure what it is but the nerf to light heal seems to have done something else. It might be a Sacred Protection bug, but I’ve lost more healing than just Light Heal not exploding.

Every second message on General is looking for a healer, but I cant heal anything right now, and I’m not going to expose myself to abuse trying.

The worst thing is, there is no information on anything for healing. Healing targeting is terrible and the nerfs just keep rolling in. Right now though, everyone is just dying because the healers can’t keep them up. Heck I can barely keep myself up in normal areas. Also, If I had coin for every “LFG Healer, last boss Dynasty” I see, I’d be rich.

I see that hots are classified as a buff. Yet there is no stacking limit. Does that mean they are unlimited, or that they don’t stack. So how did you stop AOEs stacking. Did you actually stop fortifies and Recoveries and straight heals stacking, or the actual effects on the ground.

My thought is that you did the light heal thing you messed up the code preventing stacking and it is a far bigger nerf than intended.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.