Lifestaff - Slowed down by 0.5-1 seconds on every cast

• What is your character name in New World: Darkened
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Hellopia
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Sacred ground, divine embrace, both of them when double tapped while targeting (looking, not selecting) a target are feeling as if you’ve added +250 ms to it.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Either a bug, or a result of a band-aid fix to deny animation canceling abuse.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: even 0.1 seconds are a massive difference that might decide if a person will live or be killed when you’re playing healer.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Video will be sent to the support privately, and it’s impossible to show this in a screenshot.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Play lifestaff.

On a side note, I’d like to add that regardless of that, heals are not landing at random times, and don’t affect a targeted person, can be felt and seen often by simply playing lifestaff.
Also, fellow lifestaff and firestaff friends have told they feel the same thing, as if they’re playing on 300+ ms. All of that appeared on this patch, and healing/dpsing properly is just impossible.
I am aware the support team is trying really hard to fix things as fast as they can, but it was more playable in PvP versus exploiters with hatchet than it is right now without being able to heal properly. I’d prefer dodging 2 hits to kill exploiters than not be able to use a single ability properly.

Thank you for your hard effort to everyone working on the bugs.
Small edit: The original speed you could cast by double tapping your ability is equal to the self target cast, that is the only one that didn’t become bugged and delayed. (Ctrl+Key of ability)

5 Likes

I’ve experienced the same thing with the firestaff and ice gauntlets. Feels like they added a delay to ground target abilities. Could be to prevent the “machine gun” macro abusers? Not sure tho. Either way if it’s really intentional, then this is a pretty damn lazy approach by the devs.

6 Likes

I was getting this feeling yesterday when triggering Berserk on the hatchet. Feels like there’s a horrible delay between pressing it and the animation / buff.

Its not just lifestaff.

They added some delay or servers are just lagging so much. I don’t know what is the cause but there is noticeable delay on everything and if this was “intended” fix for something then its extremely stupid. This causes more issues like my healer friend had issues of healing me yesterday due this and I ended up dying multiple times because heals were delayed

Everything that is targeted, be it ground or player seems to be getting a massive delay to it, both to selection, to targeting, and becomes nearly impossible to cancel incase you cast it on a wrong target. Yeah, not sure of other healers, but I’m about to use the 200g respec to leave healing until this is fixed. A hard and chaotic role just became even more chaotic.

This delay is present for both fire staff and life staff after the most recent patch making abilities such as pillar of fire/sacred ground feel delayed/unresponsive.

Please look into/revert this change.

@Pneuma @ApricotScarf

Genuinely appreciate you taking the time to investigate this. I’m fairly sure this change was made to prevent users from rapid firing the fire staff/life staff. However the solution is making the weapons feel really clunky now. I really hope you guys can revise it and come up with an alternate solution which doesn’t involve adding delay to abilities before they can be activated.

Its made using these abilities really unfun.

Get the same with rapier / bow -

Rapier
Just small things i noticed with these two weapons related to what the OP said.

Ripostle

When using ripostle, after roughly 0.8seconds of using the ability anything hitting me at
at the end of ripostle makes the animation play countless times, slowing my character in place for multiple seconds and giving no indication that the move actually worked on the mob or player

Evade

Many mobs and even players can still hit you while in the animation of evade. For an ability that needs precise timing, this delay in the ability being used and receiving damage makes this move almost laughable, a lot of the time im mid evading and still taking damage from mobs or players that from my pov should have missed or hit through the iframes.

Bow
Same with the bow

Heavy Shots

Charging the bow back and shooting doesnt always gurantee a heavy hit now after pulling the bow back from what looks like on your screen a charged shot. I now have to hold the bow back for another second just to know it’s definitely going to be a heavy hit. Bow heavy shots are already long enough and this makes it viable in zero situations

Evade Shot

The animation of evade shot sometimes staggers itself and the animation skips sometimes during the initial shot. Making the arrow appear to come out of the evade shot almost a second late after hearing the sound queue.

Open world mobs
Certain mobs seem to hit you before their animation even touches you or has even started.
an easy example of this, is the corrupted brutes. When standing behind them, their tail whip hits you before the animation even starts. Now with the delay you have 0 chance of evading, dodging, blocking it since you just randomly get hit.

few more mobs have this but the corrupted brute tail whip seems to be the worst out of them all.

I thought it was just me… Lifestaff feels so bad to play right now with the huge delay between every Sacred ground and Lights embrace cast. Bugs and exploits are still tolerable, but unresponsive gameplay is what will kill the game for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.