Login Malfunction || Character Gone

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Grandma Pringle

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Vingolf / NA East

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: “Lag Detected” while playing this morning (12:30pm EST) Then kicked from game. When Trying to reopen the game, I receive “Login Malfunction” Error and my Character is gone from the list.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Cant play

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: currently no

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: N/A

1 Like

i had the same error , lost all my skins

2 Likes

[Notice] US-East Server Issues - Official News / Official News - New World Forums

3 Likes

This does not only affect US-East but EU also (Server Styx)

2 Likes

EU-Fae also…

1 Like

@Luxendra it’s not only US
Eu Harpinna has the same issue

1 Like

Caer Sidi EU too

1 Like

Having same issue here, but this is not the only error message I have received while attempting to troubleshoot this issue.

At first the game would display as if I needed to select a new world to create a character. I validated the files through steam then I received the following error:

Validated the files a second time, rebooted the pc and began to receive the:

At this time I have followed all steps in this post: Unable to connect to servers?

Same connection failed, login malfunction.

Now I am getting errors attempting to connect to the forums.

You won’t be able to log in until the Amazon AWS services are restored.

EU-Server: Ravenal
Same issue, can login now but all Skins are gone.

I just got all my skins / achievements back

1 Like

i can log in too but skins, marks and many achieves are all gone - not sure if i should stay logged in or stay logged out while they sort whatever it is as they don’t seem to be acknowledging this one

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.