Loot luck and what it does actually affect

You want an update? Here ya go… @Wyvernn get your butt over here amd let us know you havent forgot about us. Thank you sir!!! Oh and btw @Wyvernn you better watch the tournament we are hosting. Watch the video brother, gonna be epic!!

Hello everyone!

First of all @slender:

Second @Kilnerdyne thanks for reaching back, you can be 100% sure that I keep an eye on this post every day! And I can tell you that we’re on the same page holding for the corresponding follow up answers.

PS. I’m always watching NW and LA content creators so I’ll take a look at the tourney :wink:

Cheers

1 Like

I hope not, thank you for responding bc the other thread isn’t getting much action :wink:

1 Like

Hahaha love it :two_hearts:

1 Like

There is something definitely wonky with luck. I stripped all my luck gear off yesterday and got way better drops from chests and monsters with only 3 minor luck loot trophies than with my Voidbent armor, luck on my jewelry and bags. With full luck gear most times I would only get one crappy item drop from any given large chest and furniture recipes and drops practically non-existant.

FINALLY!!!

2 Likes

@slender Cool, so I guess at least one of the things I missed or have follow on questions about.

So rumor mill was that if you had too much luck that you could proc an extra roll and I FEEL like I’ve had that when I’ve run like 51%+ luck, where I’ll get a TON of items but, mainly blues, greens, and grays. So the thought was that you rolled so high that you hit the double item proc but now were not able to roll within that to get out of the green zone. This could fall into there answer about a luck sweet spot, and I do appreciate them making an entire post about it. At least the shield debate is over, until they say they fix it and then we can’t tell. I guess the only thing that would make everyone happy is if they came in and were like, 51% luck vs. 20% is a difference of like 0.8% better odds. At that point I think it would just show that really you just want enough luck to hit the actual tables you want and to not waste perk slots on anything more.

Wonderful. Bravo. Well done @Wyvernn & @TigerCr4ne.

Thank you guys for the excellent FAQ on how Luck works it was exactly what the community needed to read/hear about & we’re glad you’re working on the bug surrounding Luck on shields. I’m sure a lot of players have been very impressed by your response on this issue.

2 Likes

Yes sir. @Wyvernn never gave up on us. He kept his word :100: and we got our answers. I consider this topic, CASE CLOSED. @TigerCr4ne thank you so much!!! People will still be upset and complain but as far as im concerned, you guys need some huge props. Lots of people keep saying… Ags has no communication, ags isnt transparent. I call BULLSHIT! I have NEVER seen a developer with such AMAZING communication… the dev videos, myrkgard runs, mutation videos, all the forum posts and topics. You guys are amazing. Thank you for putting up with ALL of this negativity. Thank you @Wyvernn and thank you @TigerCr4ne

1 Like

my goodness it finally happened.

i guess its time for me to switch out to my voidbent on chardis fights. (not like he isnt a pushover anyway)

My problem is it took 3 months to get the answer and now I have my tinfoil hat on was it that easy all the time?

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to drop by and say thank you to all of those who kept this post alive and continuously shared your concerns, the [Dev Blog] Luck FAQ is the result of your communication and I’m more than glad to see that most of your questions have been answered!

It has been a pleasure to help you with this subject!

Cheers!

3 Likes

Really appreciate the info on LuckSafe more than anything. Didn’t think luck helped with items like the goldensteel schematic or any of those rare furniture items. Have my luck gear back on now when I’m out looting chests.

Absolutely brother!! @Wyvernn for mvp

Blockquote
Yes sir. @Wyvernn never gave up on us. He kept his word :100: and we got our answers. I consider this topic, CASE CLOSED. @TigerCr4ne thank you so much!!! People will still be upset and complain but as far as im concerned, you guys need some huge props. Lots of people keep saying… Ags has no communication, ags isnt transparent. I call BULLSHIT! I have NEVER seen a developer with such AMAZING communication… the dev videos, myrkgard runs, mutation videos, all the forum posts and topics. You guys are amazing. Thank you for putting up with ALL of this negativity. Thank you @Wyvernn and thank you @TigerCr4ne

Def wouldn’t say this is case closed. I’m guessing you don’t really have a lot of hours or something in the game @slender.

Most of these things the Devs stated in the dev blog we already were aware of. For instance they were talking about shield luck, I have been saying this for months and months. We already knew this.

Also, the dev fails to go over Luck safe. What mobs/creatures have luck safe attached to them. Are dungeons chests considered Luck safe? What exactly is considered luck Safe? Dev blog awhile back stated there was a primary roll, which your luck is considered on. then a secondary roll which is luck safe that is your loot table.

Are the loot tables for the expedition chests pre-determined? If so, they they are also considered luck safe and luck would have no factor on those rolls.

The post also fails to cover if there is a depreciating return on luck, I can gurantee you there is some sort of depreciating return.

When I was farming Weaponsmith Pants for 3 weeks, I noticed after people started getting the drops that I had way too much luck. I kept seeing people with almost zero luck, or very little luck get it over and over.

I went and took 50% of my luck gear off, and got the weaponsmith pants few drops later. There is definitely a issue with Luck. Now, depending on what item you are trying to get, TOO MUCH luck is a thing.

For instance the Weaponsmith pants are a Blue Drop. If your luck is too high, your going to pass the loot table over and over, and in essence pretty much stop yourself from getting chance of getting the roll.

Are all the luck pieces working properly? I highly doubt all of them are working correctly.

I really don’t consider this “CASE CLOSED” like you stated. WAY WAY WAY too many questions still about luck.

1 Like

im sorry, what i meant to say was, as far as im concerned, i consider this case closed. They listened, the compiled the information we asked for and instead of just throwing out a couple answers here and there, they took the time to make a faq answering the specific questions we asked.

with that being said, you have a different opinion and thats fine :slight_smile: just giving my 2 cents and wanted to thank the devs for this. I give credit where credit is due, a lot of ppl dont and a lot of ppl are still going to be pissed off or wanting more more more and even more. In my skewed perception of amazon games, i think they do a great job. And they have made me very happy. Thanks again for replying @sobe be safe brother!

I’m glad they replied.

But I’m pretty sure they don’t actually know how it really works in the actual game. In theory you can’t roll OVER the bracket required for a rare drop, but in practice removing some luck (especially gathering) gave better results as there does seem to be a sweet spot (despite devs saying there shouldn’t be).

I suspect something else in the real game is altering some code somewhere which then screws around with the raw calculation of your roll.

The issue is the roll system and brackets and the entire idea of ‘luck’ - none of which are a good way of enabling drops in a game.

1 Like

I have spent a ridiculous amount of time studying the loot tables, and understanding the way it all works under the hood, and we’re actually very, very close to being able to know the true drop rates and how luck changes those droprates for us, so that we can make an informed decision about whether or not it is worth it to put on luck gear to farm whatever it is we are hoping to farm.

I do not, at all, consider this ‘case closed’.

They did a great job of dispelling a lot of the wild conjecture and conspiracy theories that people had. Things like luck sweet spots. Things like “equal chance of loaded dice as fluffy stuffing”. Stuff that we in the datamining community knew had no basis in reality, but couldn’t prove to anybody.

They also clarified some things that are virutally untestable, like PVP luck in expeditions, that too was very nice.

But their explanation of lucksafe was extremly handwavy and didnt provide any clarity whatsoever.

makes sure the luck % modifiers attached to a roll scale in a controlled manner
This is to make sure loot percentages for items won’t be modified wildly, making low-drop-chance items trivial to earn

This provides no information on how lucksafe works. It essentially just restates the words “LuckSafe” to mean we dont directly apply your luck modifier to the roll. But “Scale in a controlled manner” doesnt tell us anything, however experience does point to the fact that Controlled Manner means we completely ignore your luck.

The perfect example for this is the GlobalNamedList, a list of 540 or so Legendary items that have a 999900 chance to drop out of 100000. The GlobalNamedList is checked on every single mob kill. It’s also checked on every elite chest, every supply stockpile/ancient chest.

Now, everybody has had a 1 in 10000 chance to see something on this list, for every mob they have killed. Before the mutator dungeon mess up, they were never, ever seen, or *very, very, very rarely seen. You would expect to have to kill 10000 mobs to see one.

Luck gear is not uncommon. even if we only applied 10% of our total luck roll (so 500 instead of 5000) that should have changed the odds of seeing those items dramatically. And we should have seen a steadier stream of these ultra rare (albeit mostly garbage) items in the TP. But that didnt happen.

No, they glossed over “lucksafe” because the truth is, there are rare items in the game that luck doesnt help you get. Their “controlled manner” means “we dont want to make these items any easier to get” which, unfortunately is a very large portion of things people want.

• Weaponsmith Pants/Armorer Hat/Crafting Clothing
  • Sliver of Consecrated Iron
  • Runic Thread
  • Glowing Sap/Ancient Mandible/Ephemeral Seal/Corrupted Totem.
  • Everything on GlobalNamedLIst (e.g. Weightless Sabre, Absolute Terror)

So, while I appreciate the clarity they provided, this FAQ muddied more waters in the process.

Luck should help players get the rare items they are seeking. And players should know how much it helps. The FAQ didnt get us any closer to that goal.

2 Likes

if u have shield with luck u can check that when u are opening chest ur hp will go down little bit
buc u unleashed ur Sowed so if that happen all peark gone

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.